Posted to rec.woodworking
connor aston

Default Freud Glue Line Rip Blade?

I have ordered one of these do you think it really works?
Does anyone have experience of using it?

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...cookietest= 1

--
www.connoraston.com
If I cant make it - I'll Try!
Posted to rec.woodworking
gw

"connor aston" wrote in message
newsp.s29ordnkyacudf@dellman...
I have ordered one of these do you think it really works?
Does anyone have experience of using it?

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...cookietest= 1

--
www.connoraston.com
If I cant make it - I'll Try!

I have one. I works great - edges like glass.

Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

"connor aston" wrote in message
newsp.s29ordnkyacudf@dellman...
I have ordered one of these do you think it really works?
Does anyone have experience of using it?

Yes, yes, and yes...

Take note, if your saw arbor has runout, no blade will give you a glue line.

Barry
Posted to rec.woodworking
connor aston

Yippie thanks people
Should you all not be asleep its 15:21 here in Northern Ireland?

Connor

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:51:40 -0000, B a r r y
wrote:

"connor aston" wrote in message
newsp.s29ordnkyacudf@dellman...
I have ordered one of these do you think it really works?
Does anyone have experience of using it?

Yes, yes, and yes...

Take note, if your saw arbor has runout, no blade will give you a glue
line.

Barry

--
www.connoraston.com
If I cant make it - I'll Try!
Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Untrue.

"B a r r y" wrote in message
Take note, if your saw arbor has runout, no blade will give you a glue

line.

Barry

Posted to rec.woodworking
TBone

Really?? How is a wobbling blade going to give you a perfectly smooth and
true cut?

"CW" wrote in message
nk.net...
Untrue.

"B a r r y" wrote in

message
Take note, if your saw arbor has runout, no blade will give you a glue

line.

Barry

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"TBone" wrote in message
Really?? How is a wobbling blade going to give you a perfectly smooth and
true cut?

Because ALL arbors have run out. Barry did not indicate a specified range
of run out. Typically anything under .0003" is acceptable even though it
has run out.

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

The result of a wobbling blade is that less teeth are cutting. If feed is
slowed down to a point that the same chip load is being achieved, the cut
will be the same as it would if the blade sere running strait. If the blade
has a severe warp (say 1/4"). the feed would have to be slowed even more as
more of the sharp corner of the tooth will be cutting. Even so, a smooth cut
can be achieved. Runout is not a big problem. End shake, however, is.

"TBone" wrote in message
Really?? How is a wobbling blade going to give you a perfectly smooth and
true cut?

"CW" wrote in message
nk.net...
Untrue.

"B a r r y" wrote in

message
Take note, if your saw arbor has runout, no blade will give you a glue

line.

Barry

Posted to rec.woodworking
Redd

I have one too. Works great

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"connor aston" wrote in message
I have ordered one of these do you think it really works?
Does anyone have experience of using it?

Since you've already ordered it, it appears you will have an excellent
opportunity to find out for yourself.

Yep ... excellent blade; nice flat bottom on non-through cuts, like slots
for splines; and does a beautiful job of ripping edges for panel glue-ups,
which is what I use it for.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

It should, as this is not an uncommon function of a good saw blade.

Actually, I have 2 blades that I use ALL OF THE TIME. They are both
Forrest WWII regular kerf 40 tooth blades.

I have 2 so that when one is being sharpened the other is ready and I have
no down time.

With a properly set up saw you will get shiny smooth rips and cross cuts and
combination cuts.

So if you feel like using one blade for all of your cuts look at the
Forrest, if you can get it.

"connor aston" wrote in message
newsp.s29ordnkyacudf@dellman...
I have ordered one of these do you think it really works?
Does anyone have experience of using it?

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...cookietest= 1

--
www.connoraston.com
If I cant make it - I'll Try!

Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody

connor aston wrote:
I have ordered one of these do you think it really works?
Does anyone have experience of using it?

Count me among the very satisfied users. It not only leaves ripped
edges looking like they've been sanded, crosscuts are smooth enough
too. Only time I ever take it off my saw is for dados or to cut dirty
or salvaged wood.

DonkeyHody
"If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?"