Posted to rec.woodworking
PeterM

Default Is there a book for tool restoration?

I have a ShopSmith 10E that I like to restore for my grandson, but I like to
read a little on how to take of surface rust, and then protect it etc. I
mean I know how to get rust off, but I don't know for sure, if I should use
sandpaper, or a wire brush, or what sandpaper to use in the beginning, wet
or dry etc. The rust is really very light anyway, no deep wounds or anything
like that. Any help is much appreciated. I know most of you professional
woodworkers probably laugh at the ShopSmith, but my grandkids really love
the machine, and I like to fix it up a little for them..... I'm also the guy
that posted the question about the "Boose" all in one machine, it is almost
like the ShopSmith.....A very nice machine.........Opa Peter

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Dingley

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:59:33 -0800, "PeterM"
wrote:

I have a ShopSmith 10E that I like to restore for my grandson,

Old Woodworking Machines site is probably worth a visit,
www.owwm.com

Maybe post to rec.crafts.metalworking too - They seem to restore more
old machines in there than we do here.

Go easy on mechanical scraping for rust too - there are better ways.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob the Tomato

Search for a group called shopsmith10erusers

Subscribe to group! That's it. (This group also deals with 10E
shopsmiths)