Posted to rec.woodworking
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Default HF Dust Collector - can this be adapted to a 220?

The Harbor Freight 2HP industrial dust collector is wired for a 110
connection. Does anyone know if you can run this off a 220?

Jack

Posted to rec.woodworking
js mcauley

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:
The Harbor Freight 2HP industrial dust collector is wired for a 110
connection. Does anyone know if you can run this off a 220?

Jack

A friend at work has one and he says the motor is 110 only with no
provision to wire for 220. If I could run it 220 I would definately get one.
Scott.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Campbell

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" writes:

The Harbor Freight 2HP industrial dust collector is wired for a 110
connection. Does anyone know if you can run this off a 220?

What advantage do you think you'd get if you could?

--
You can't trade cash for skill. Sadly, I have neither.
Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 22:12:53 -0700, "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote:

The Harbor Freight 2HP industrial dust collector is wired for a 110
connection. Does anyone know if you can run this off a 220?

Jack

probably, but only for a second or 2....

It's pretty much a "throw the switch and try not to blow a breaker" 110v
motor...
My neighbor claims that HIS lights dim when I turn it on, but once the motor
gets up to speed it's a good machine for the price

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking
TBone

writes:

The Harbor Freight 2HP industrial dust collector is wired for a 110
connection. Does anyone know if you can run this off a 220?

What advantage do you think you'd get if you could?

Less voltage drop and an easier start up.

Posted to rec.woodworking
js mcauley

Michael Campbell wrote:
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" writes:

The Harbor Freight 2HP industrial dust collector is wired for a 110
connection. Does anyone know if you can run this off a 220?

What advantage do you think you'd get if you could?

Well, for one thing it would require half as much current, a definate
advantage when your shop is limited by a low current feed.
Scott.