Posted to rec.woodworking

Default kitchen cabinets

anything on building kitchen cabinets

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat

Cabinets are easy. Big boxes. Doors/drawers are harder.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Preston Andreas

Patsy,

I have no idea concerning your woodworking experience, equipment you have,
or type of cabinet you want to build. Basically, there are two types - face
frame and frameless cabinetry. And with the frameless cabinet there is the
true 32 mm system where holes are drilled base on 32 millimeter spacing for
modular cabinet building, or an adaptation of traditional cabinets without
face frames.

I would suggest a book or two such as "Building your Kitchen Cabinets", by
Jere Cary, "Building Traditional Kitchen Cabinets", by Jim Tolpin, and
"Build Your Own Kitchen Cabinets - Second Edition", by Danny Proulx. The
first book is devoted more to face frame cabinets (traditional style), while
the third book adapts a traditional style to frameless cabinetry. Although
they all have good information, I would choose the first and third books for
good reference. However, I think the best way to see how a cabinet is built
is to go to Home Depot and look at how their boxes are built, or find some
custom homes being built and go inside an look at the cabinets before the
tops are on.

Once you have done a little research and learning, you can ask more specific
questions for better answers.

Preston

wrote in message news:IC1vf.46480$OU5.22241@clgrps13...
anything on building kitchen cabinets

Posted to rec.woodworking
bdeditch

Get this book and you will be set, Its perfect. Check Ebay for a
cheaper price

The Complete Cabinet Maker's Reference - Jeffrey Piontkowski
Popular Woodworking ISBN 1-55870-757-3 $29.99 US
255 pages

Posted to rec.woodworking

The book by Jere Cary was the one I bought when I built cabinets for my
mother's kitchen. When I had the plumber come to connect the sink for
me, he commented that it was nice to see a cabinet that was built
properly for sink mounting.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Pat (in ) said:

| Cabinets are easy. Big boxes. Doors/drawers are harder.

Nah - doors are flat and drawers are just boxes without topses.

Topses? LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

Pat (in ) said:

| Cabinets are easy. Big boxes. Doors/drawers are harder.

Nah - doors are flat and drawers are just boxes without topses.

Topses? LOL

That's CNC talk, Leon.