Posted to rec.woodworking
Dick Snyder

Default Lumber milling question for readers who live in eastern Massachusetts

My favorite mill yard in Hudson, MA (Larkins) has decided not to mill wood
for customers. Another local mill, Coldwells in Berlin, MA will mill wood if
you buy it there which is OK but I recently recovered 3 very nice oak newell
posts from a 15 year old house about to be demolished. I don't own a band
saw and I'm a little concerned about running the newell posts thru my table
saw as the posts are 3 1/2" on a side (two very deep passes through hard red
oak). Does anyone in eastern Mass who reads this group know of a mill yard
who will work on customer's wood? I'm looking for jointing and planing with
the very infrequent resaw.

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
My favorite mill yard in Hudson, MA (Larkins) has decided not to mill wood
for customers. Another local mill, Coldwells in Berlin, MA will mill wood
if you buy it there which is OK but I recently recovered 3 very nice oak
newell posts from a 15 year old house about to be demolished. I don't own
a band saw and I'm a little concerned about running the newell posts thru
my table saw as the posts are 3 1/2" on a side (two very deep passes
through hard red oak). Does anyone in eastern Mass who reads this group
know of a mill yard who will work on customer's wood? I'm looking for
jointing and planing with the very infrequent resaw.

I have resawed 6" of teak and oak on my 2hp TS without any problem. Do it
in 4 passes and you should be okay.

Electrical Question. US 220v vs UK 240v [email protected] Woodworking 1 April 2nd 05 02:24 AM
Electrical Question. US 220v vs UK 240v [email protected] Woodworking 0 March 11th 05 12:43 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
French lumber question Hitch Woodworking 3 September 8th 04 05:14 PM
Atlas Milling Arbor Question FrankPeckham Metalworking 0 August 6th 03 03:37 AM