Posted to rec.woodworking
Dick Snyder

Default Lumber milling question for readers who live in eastern Massachusetts

My favorite mill yard in Hudson, MA (Larkins) has decided not to mill wood
for customers. Another local mill, Coldwells in Berlin, MA will mill wood if
you buy it there which is OK but I recently recovered 3 very nice oak newell
posts from a 15 year old house about to be demolished. I don't own a band
saw and I'm a little concerned about running the newell posts thru my table
saw as the posts are 3 1/2" on a side (two very deep passes through hard red
oak). Does anyone in eastern Mass who reads this group know of a mill yard
who will work on customer's wood? I'm looking for jointing and planing with
the very infrequent resaw.

TIA.

Dick Snyder