Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

Default pushing or pulling a RAS?

I am using my new RAS for real work for the first time today?
I am cutting lap joints with a dado set.

The instructions say to always pull the saw through the work, never push it.
But I can see the work much better if I push it; pulling it puts the blade
in the way when I position the material.

I have tried it both ways and it seems pretty much action either way. What
is the big deal about pulling rather than pushing?