Ryan Evans

Default Pulling large wire in conduit

Easy pull, even with no lubricant(if the conduit is new)
2 guys, one feeding & one pulling, no machine required.

From someone who actually does it.

RE

SQLit

"DaveC" wrote in message
news.net...
Thus spake Ryan Evans:

Easy pull, even with no lubricant(if the conduit is new)
2 guys, one feeding & one pulling, no machine required.

Couldn't do it. Worked up quite a sweat trying.

From someone who actually does it.

Probably younger and stronger than I.

there is a rhythm that you have to get into. One side pulls and the other
"pushes" but this has to be done in sync. Ya I know pushing on a rope
sounds stupid, but it works. Also the feeder of the wires is responsible for
"training" the wires into the smallest area.

I have worked with a lot of people that are in the electrical industry few
if any know the sync to make wire pulls easy and effortless. I pulled 175
feet of 3 #10's and 2 12's in a 3/4 conduit. The friend I had working with
me had not a clue how to assist. We were close enough that I could give him
instructions and we were done in less than 20 minutes including the
"training".

Hope ya pulled the conductors out. Leaving them in the conduit is a recipe
for disaster.

No Spam

SQLit wrote:

snip

Hope ya pulled the conductors out. Leaving them in the conduit is a recipe
for disaster.

Huh??
Michael Kennedy

I wonder what that is supposed to mean... I wonder if he is talking about
his conductor for his "train".... I know I know stupid joke... But I have no
idea what he is talking about when he said "Hope ya pulled the conductors
out. Leaving them in the conduit is a recipe for disaster." ???????

"No Spam" wrote in message

snip