Posted to rec.woodworking
Rumpty

Default pushing or pulling a RAS?

Pushing a dado on a RAS will also pick up the board and launch it somewhere
you don't want it to go.

Always pull a RAS.

Rumpty

"Leon" wrote in message
. com...

"Toller" wrote in message
I am using my new RAS for real work for the first time today?
I am cutting lap joints with a dado set.

The instructions say to always pull the saw through the work, never push
it.
But I can see the work much better if I push it; pulling it puts the
blade in the way when I position the material.

I have tried it both ways and it seems pretty much action either way.
What is the big deal about pulling rather than pushing?

Pushing will give you more tear out on the top of the board.