Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Ahern

Default Sears Part Numbers

I read somewhere that there is a code to decipher who makes what for sears.
Any idea where to find it. I tried Google, no luck?

Ed

Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused

Ed Ahern wrote:
I read somewhere that there is a code to decipher who makes what for sears.
Any idea where to find it. I tried Google, no luck?

www.owwm.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Ed Ahern" wrote in message
I read somewhere that there is a code to decipher who makes what for sears.
Any idea where to find it. I tried Google, no luck?

Ed

Sears Roebuck & Company
LISTING OF SOURCES BY SOURCE NUMBER
For many products, Sears Roebuck used the first three numbers of the Model
Number (usually followed by a decimal point) to indicate the actual
manufacturer of the product. For instance 500.49828 is an engine built by
Briggs & Stratton. The following is a partial list of such numbers. Any
additions to the list would be appreciated.
(Note) Many Thanks to Ronald Hasselback, James B. Ricci, and other's for
supplying us with source codes and links.

002 Lemont Industries
101 Atlas Press Co.
103 Sarlo Power Mower Inc.
109 AA Engineering
112 Parks Tool Co. (Woodworking equipment)
113 Emerson Electric Co. http://www.emersonelectric.com/
114 Pioneer Gen-E-Motor
121 Dille & McGuire
122 Blair Mfg.
123 Yard-Man
128 E.T. Rugg
129 Mono Mfg. Co
131 Rally/Roper Lawn
136 Toro Mfg. Co http://www.toro.com/
143 Tecumseh (Lauson Power Prod. Co.)
145 Country Manufacturing http://www.countrymfg.com/
147 Village Blacksmith (Div. of McGraw Edison)
160 Wisconsin Magneto
180 Lambert Corp.
202 Gannon Mfg. Co.
217 Eska Outboards
219 MTD http://www.mtdproducts.com/
234 Beard-Poulon & Lazy Boy
241 Fimco
247 MTD-Modern Tool and Die (not MID)
250 J.I. Case
257 Allegretti & Co. & Paramount
271 Kioritz Corp. - Echo
283 Thomas Industries
291 American Lawn Mower
355 Roper Outdoor
358 Beaird - Poulan, Inc.
359 Bolens Products Div. http://www.troybilt.com/
365 US Lawn
372 Zeus Generator Co.
378 Omark (Oregon)
380 Moto-Mower, Inc./Subsidiary of Dura Corp.
390 King-O-Lawn
410 John Bean Food Mach. & Chem.
417 Stover Engine Works
426 Parker Sweeper
445 Melmer
473 Quincy Compressor
486 Agri-Fab http://www.agri-fab.com/
490 Indiana Steel
498 Didier Mfg. Co.
500 Briggs & Stratton Corp. http://www.briggsandstratton.com/
502 Murray Ohio http://www.murrayinc.com
517 Homelite
521 E Z Rake Co.
536 Western Tool & Stamping (Before AMF Lawn & Garden Div.)
538 AMF and or Murray
549 Midwest Ind.
580 Generac Corporation http://www.generac.com/
582 Clinton Engine Co.
610 Ohio Steel Fabrication http://www.ohiosteel.com/
619 Arps Corp.
636 Echo
639 King-O-Lawn
651 O.M.C. Dist. (also Standard Eng.)
654 Mott
663 Air Cap Industries
733 Fairbanks Morse http://www.fairbanksmorse.com/
739 Onan http://www.onan.com/
745 0 & R Engines
757 Brinly-Hardy Co., Inc. http://www.brinly.com/
769 Mercury Clutch Division
778 Comet Industries
785 General Power (Magna America Corp.)
798 Speed King
809 AMF
842 Haban Mfg.
854 White Farm Equipment Corp. (formerly Oliver)
http://www.mtdproducts.com/
900 Black and Decker http://www.blackanddecker.com/
917 Roper Corp. (American Yard Prod.) http://www.frigidaire.com/
922 Original Tractor Cab Co.
http://www.simpletractors.com/sponsors/OTC%20_ad2.htm
937 Sunbeam (now Air Cap Ind.)
7075 Prestolite Battery

Posted to rec.woodworking
no(SPAM)vasys

Ed Ahern wrote:
I read somewhere that there is a code to decipher who makes what for sears.
Any idea where to find it. I tried Google, no luck?

Ed

See:

http://www.owwm.com/Craftsman/Manufacturers-Prefix.asp

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pop

GENTLEMEN? Gentlemen and scholars!

Good listing: The couple I checked that Im aware of at least
were correct. Hey, it's a good beginning an infinitely farther
than I've gotten to date.

Thanks,

Pop

"Ed Ahern" wrote in message
: Gentlemen? Thank you.
:
: Ed
: "no(SPAM)vasys" wrote in message
: ...
: Ed Ahern wrote:
: I read somewhere that there is a code to decipher who makes
what for
: sears.
: Any idea where to find it. I tried Google, no luck?
:
: Ed
:
: