Posted to rec.woodworking
Jimbo

Default Need pie carrier plans

Must hold six to eight pies-door on side-handle on top-vent holes in sides.

I have seen pies delivered to cafes and restaurants in such a carrier.
Google search found no commercial pie carriers at bakery and kitchen supply
companies. Can anyone help?

Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

"Twas one of my first projects, a "pie safe" for my wife. Cherry
vertices, with oaken-ply panels. Like JOAT says, no "biggie". Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jimbo

"tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Twas one of my first projects, a "pie safe" for my wife. Cherry
vertices, with oaken-ply panels. Like JOAT says, no "biggie". Tom

Isn't a "pie safe" a cabinet-a piece of furniture? I am looking for a "pie
carrier" to transport pies.

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

Jimbo wrote: Isn't a "pie safe" a cabinet-a piece of furniture?
Yes, this is true, which is why I added the quotation marks. She uses
the thing to transport up to 4 pies at a time, safely! Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jimbo

"tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
Jimbo wrote: Isn't a "pie safe" a cabinet-a piece of furniture?
Yes, this is true, which is why I added the quotation marks. She uses
the thing to transport up to 4 pies at a time, safely! Tom

The pie safes I have seen wouldn't fit into my SUV! Yhey are tall two-door
cabinets!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

Jimbo wrote:

Isn't a "pie safe" a cabinet-a piece of furniture? I am looking for a "pie
carrier" to transport pies.

Time to attend a Tupperware party.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking
Norman D. Crow

"tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
Jimbo wrote: Isn't a "pie safe" a cabinet-a piece of furniture?
Yes, this is true, which is why I added the quotation marks. She uses
the thing to transport up to 4 pies at a time, safely! Tom

Turned a picnic basket into a combination pie/cake carrier/picnic basket.
Cut a piece of 1/4" ply to fit in basket, put 4 3/4" dowel legs on it. Put
the baked good in the bottom, picnic stuff on top of the insert. Wouldn't be
any major to make more inserts.

--
Nahmie
Stupidity is not considered a handicap, park elsewhere.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charley

For a "Pie Carrier (not a Pie Safe), make a 3 sided box long enough to stack
the number of pies that you will want to carry plus about 1" of space
between each of them. When finished, the box will stand on one end and the
pies will be stacked vertically. Before assembly you need to determine the
height of your pie plates/tins. This dimension plus the 1" space will
determine the height increment of each shelf. Put 1/4" Dados 1/4" deep in
the 2 sides for 1/4" plywood shelves on the increments that you have
determined previously. Make the dados wide enough so the 1/4" plywood that
you use will slide into them. Make these plywood shelves and put a hole in
the middle of each of them to fit the pie plate/tin that you plan to carry.
These will hold the pies away from the sides of the box and keep them from
moving around. Now assemble the box and remember NOT to glue the plywood
drawers in. You can put a handle on the top end if you want and a door with
a latch on the front if you want. You can even use furniture grade wood and
precisely fit it together or just slap it together. It's your choice.

It's easy enough to be able to do it without plans. (I did 30 years ago -
They still work)

--
Charley

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
ink.net...
Jimbo wrote:

Isn't a "pie safe" a cabinet-a piece of furniture? I am looking for a

"pie
carrier" to transport pies.

Time to attend a Tupperware party.

Lew

The End of Pensions -- But Keep Voting for Republicans as You Spend Your Golden Years in a Cardboard Box on the Street Cliff Metalworking 175 November 7th 05 08:17 PM
rec.woodworking ANTI-FAQ Part 6 of 10 - Plans Luigi Zanasi Woodworking 0 April 1st 05 08:30 AM
rec.woodworking ANTI-FAQ Part 6 of 10 - Plans Luigi Zanasi Woodworking 0 April 1st 04 09:16 AM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM