Posted to rec.woodworking
Charley

Default Need pie carrier plans

For a "Pie Carrier (not a Pie Safe), make a 3 sided box long enough to stack
the number of pies that you will want to carry plus about 1" of space
between each of them. When finished, the box will stand on one end and the
pies will be stacked vertically. Before assembly you need to determine the
height of your pie plates/tins. This dimension plus the 1" space will
determine the height increment of each shelf. Put 1/4" Dados 1/4" deep in
the 2 sides for 1/4" plywood shelves on the increments that you have
determined previously. Make the dados wide enough so the 1/4" plywood that
you use will slide into them. Make these plywood shelves and put a hole in
the middle of each of them to fit the pie plate/tin that you plan to carry.
These will hold the pies away from the sides of the box and keep them from
moving around. Now assemble the box and remember NOT to glue the plywood
drawers in. You can put a handle on the top end if you want and a door with
a latch on the front if you want. You can even use furniture grade wood and
precisely fit it together or just slap it together. It's your choice.

It's easy enough to be able to do it without plans. (I did 30 years ago -
They still work)

--
Charley

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
ink.net...
Jimbo wrote:

Isn't a "pie safe" a cabinet-a piece of furniture? I am looking for a

"pie
carrier" to transport pies.

Time to attend a Tupperware party.

Lew