Posted to rec.woodworking
Sam

Default sandpaper tip

I saw this in some magazine years ago. To use a piece of sandpaper for
sanding by hand, first fold a sheet into 1/4 sheet size (where the
folds form a big +). Rip one of the folds to the center. This allows it
to be refolded in a way so that a sanded side is always against the
back of the sandpaper and not sand to sand, which wears it out pronto
doing nothing. Sam

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article .com,
"Sam" wrote:

I saw this in some magazine years ago. To use a piece of sandpaper for
sanding by hand, first fold a sheet into 1/4 sheet size (where the
folds form a big +). Rip one of the folds to the center. This allows it
to be refolded in a way so that a sanded side is always against the
back of the sandpaper and not sand to sand, which wears it out pronto
doing nothing. Sam

That is a handy tip. Even though many here already knew this one, I am
sure there were some who hadn't heard of it.

I never hurts to post these helpful hints.

Thanks for that.

Posted to rec.woodworking
rich

Good Tip!!!

Had to try this a few times with a piece of paper - must be late.
Anyway, I always tear the sheet into 4 pieces at the git-go, because I
find that if I don't, I'm too lazy to replace the piece I'm using when
sanding! If a fresh sheet is already torn, I'm more likely to use it
when needed.

But I hate to toss used sandpaper, always want to use it fully!
Save for ther next time, assume used 120 grit garnet becomes sharp 220
grit! Then I can use that 220 later to replace some 320! Sure...

Sam wrote:
I saw this in some magazine years ago. To use a piece of sandpaper for
sanding by hand, first fold a sheet into 1/4 sheet size (where the
folds form a big +). Rip one of the folds to the center. This allows it
to be refolded in a way so that a sanded side is always against the
back of the sandpaper and not sand to sand, which wears it out pronto
doing nothing. Sam

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Robatoy" wrote in message news:design-
That is a handy tip. Even though many here already knew this one, I am
sure there were some who hadn't heard of it.

I never hurts to post these helpful hints.

Thanks for that.

Hey Robatoy, I should be receiving my new 22-780X Delta planer this week.
I bought locally for $60 more than Amazon's best "delivered and set on the
ground" price plus it will be assembled. Thanks for your input earlier.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
"Leon" wrote:

Hey Robatoy, I should be receiving my new 22-780X Delta planer this week.
I bought locally for $60 more than Amazon's best "delivered and set on the
ground" price plus it will be assembled. Thanks for your input earlier.

From hogging to a delicate whisper all in one box. You'll be pleased.
Mine didn't have the roller extensions, I had to make my own. They will
come in handy when you're pushing those railroad ties through. *S*

This planer is the last stop on the way to a 20" General.

Oh... and just for good measu you suck. *S*