Posted to rec.woodworking

Default King size Bed Plans

I am looking to build a King Size Headboard/Footboard. Does anyone know
of a web site that would have free plans? I am interested in building
Mission Style.

Thanks
Chad

Posted to rec.woodworking
noonenparticular

Get this book.

jc

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/156...lance&n=283155

IMO, free plans for this type of project are worth every penny you pay for
them. If you're going to build an heirloom piece, pay the $12 for good
plans and instruction.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am looking to build a King Size Headboard/Footboard. Does anyone know
of a web site that would have free plans? I am interested in building
Mission Style.

Thanks
Chad

Posted to rec.woodworking

Great, thanks. Any roght ideas on how much a typical king size bed cost
for the lumber, oak is what I am looking for.

Thanks.
Chad

Posted to rec.woodworking

Around $2.79

Posted to rec.woodworking
noonenparticular

wrote in message
oups.com...
Around $2.79

Rough estimate, I'd figure on a few hundred bucks.

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks. One last question, I have all the basic tools, Table Saw,
Router, Chop Saw, for a project like this, is there any tools I might
need that I might not have?

Thanks again!!

noonenparticular wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Around $2.79

Rough estimate, I'd figure on a few hundred bucks.

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking
noonenparticular

Make sure you've a dado blade for the TS. Also, something to cut a curve in
thick material (bandsaw, ballsy jigsaw, etc....)

oups.com...

noonenparticular wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Around $2.79

Rough estimate, I'd figure on a few hundred bucks.

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking
Juergen Hannappel

writes:

Thanks. One last question, I have all the basic tools, Table Saw,
Router, Chop Saw, for a project like this, is there any tools I might
need that I might not have?

Depends.
Felling axe, spitting wedge, maul?
Mortise Chisel, tenon saw?
Screwdriver?
--
Dr. Juergen Hannappel
http://lisa2.physik.uni-bonn.de/~hannappe
Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

I'm in the process of making a queen size mission style bed out of oak.
I think I spent about $500 on the wood, mostly S2S. Tools - make sure
you have some mortise chisels or a drill press + forstner bits to make
mortises.
As far as plans, I have the plan at the link below (or DAGS for mission
bed plans and pick one you like). If you're spending several hundred
dollars on wood, and probably a few hundred more on tools you just
can't live without, the $12-17 spent on a detailed plan for a
complicated project is worth it in my opinion, even if it's just a
starting point. The plans I have include details for how to expand to
king size or reduce to full or twin. I've modified them slightly, but
it sure helped to have everything laid out for me.
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10721
Several other places have the same plan - "Classic Bed Plan"
Good luck,
Andy