Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Home Despot's 25%-off hand tool sale is on

....although it doesn't include hand tools for electrical work. (Mama
not gonna get 'dem insulated Kleins she's been beggin' fer...)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

wrote in message
oups.com...
...although it doesn't include hand tools for electrical work. (Mama
not gonna get 'dem insulated Kleins she's been beggin' fer...)

The idiots at the local HD had the 25% off posters attached to as many power
tools as hand tools.

Posted to rec.woodworking
AL

I just saw the ad in the paper. Time to add to my Klein and Ridgid (the
plumbing tools, not the other crap) collection.

wrote in message
oups.com...
...although it doesn't include hand tools for electrical work. (Mama
not gonna get 'dem insulated Kleins she's been beggin' fer...)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert

"AL" writes:

I just saw the ad in the paper. Time to add to my Klein and Ridgid (the
plumbing tools, not the other crap) collection.

Didn't a previous poster just say that Klein isn't included? At least not
Klein electrical?

Brian Elfert

Posted to rec.woodworking

Brian Elfert wrote:
"AL" writes:

I just saw the ad in the paper. Time to add to my Klein and Ridgid (the
plumbing tools, not the other crap) collection.

Didn't a previous poster just say that Klein isn't included? At least not
Klein electrical?

The last time I went to HD looking for hand tools on sale they had
moved
all the Ridgid tools from the tool crib to the plumbing section. That
sale
only appleid to tool crib sales.

--

FF

Posted to rec.woodworking
AL

Selective reading on my part. Thanks for pointing it out. HD's web page
says: "Offer is not valid for: power tools; hand tools from drywall, paint,
flooring, plumbing, lawn & garden or electrical departments". I didn't even
bother going to the store.

"Brian Elfert" wrote in message
"AL" writes:

I just saw the ad in the paper. Time to add to my Klein and Ridgid (the
plumbing tools, not the other crap) collection.

Didn't a previous poster just say that Klein isn't included? At least not
Klein electrical?

Brian Elfert

Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"AL" wrote in message

Selective reading on my part. Thanks for pointing it out. HD's web page
says: "Offer is not valid for: power tools; hand tools from drywall,
paint, flooring, plumbing, lawn & garden or electrical departments". I
didn't even bother going to the store.

That leaves two screwdrivers and a hammer.

Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 23:12:02 -0600, "AL" wrote:

Selective reading on my part. Thanks for pointing it out. HD's web page
says: "Offer is not valid for: power tools; hand tools from drywall, paint,
flooring, plumbing, lawn & garden or electrical departments". I didn't even
bother going to the store.

Me either... thought about it on my way out to resupply Danish oil, etc...
thought about the limits on the tools included (Interesting typo in the header:
Despot's) and the long lines...
Went to Lowes instead for larger store, shorter lines and basically the same
prices...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking
Too_Many_Tools

"HD's web page says: "Offer is not valid for: power tools; hand tools
from drywall, paint,
flooring, plumbing, lawn & garden or electrical departments". "

A sale that is not a sale..imagine that. LOL

Just sit tight...the closer we get to Christmas, the better the prices.

If Christmas sales are down (remember that the last few years have been
the worst shopping seasons in decades), the prices will be even better
after Christmas.

FYI...I have tended to buy my tools in January and February...with
80-90% markdowns common.

TMT

Posted to rec.woodworking
Matt Stachoni

On 8 Dec 2005 13:48:33 -0800, wrote:

...although it doesn't include hand tools for electrical work. (Mama
not gonna get 'dem insulated Kleins she's been beggin' fer...)

CLAMPS!

Matt
Junior Member

I stopped by the local borg myself. Usually I can find something I want, but even with the "big" discount, I didn't buy a thing. At our store, the only clamps they have is the light duty Jorgensen ones, and I have enough of those (if that is possible). It really doesn't say much for a place that sells tools and they discount them by 25% and I still can't find a reason to pull the trigger.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Ken

I ran thru there to pick up some bat insulation for a job and did not
have much of a chance to look but I did see the red tags on about a
dozen different laser level packages from different manufacturers. They
were all set up along the aisle next to the checkouts. Looks like they
are being pushed as the gift of the year for those looking for a gift
for dad or grandpa or uncle john. Looks like you can all look forward
to having plenty of laser power by new years. I wonder if you focus
enough of them on a single spot you could do some of that fancy laser
engraving. Good excuse to go out and get a cnc table to see if it would
work:)

Ken

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

You're insulating bats? Do you have to go to their cave or do they come to
you?

"Ken" wrote in message
oups.com...
I ran thru there to pick up some bat insulation

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert

mac davis writes:

Me either... thought about it on my way out to resupply Danish oil, etc...
thought about the limits on the tools included (Interesting typo in the header:
Despot's) and the long lines...
Went to Lowes instead for larger store, shorter lines and basically the same
prices...

We only have one Lowe's store around here and at least 10 Home Depot
stores with another 10 or more Menards stores.

Lowes is a joke. The prices are higher on most everything. A 2x4 8'
generally sells for about $3.69 while they are $2.59 or so at Home
Depot/Menards. I doubt their 2x4s are that much better.

Home Depot is really going up on prices. They used to beat Menards
all the time, but now Menards is better most of the time.

Brian Elfert

Posted to rec.woodworking

mac davis wrote:
(Interesting typo in the header: Despot's)

That wasn't a typo...been callin' em that for years!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Matt Stachoni

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 01:04:49 +0000, toolmiser
wrote:

I stopped by the local borg myself. Usually I can find something I
want, but even with the "big" discount, I didn't buy a thing. At our
store, the only clamps they have is the light duty Jorgensen ones, and
I have enough of those (if that is possible).

I guess I lucked out - mine has the Cabinet Master big guys that are
always in stock. Although I wanted some of the lighter duty ones and
there was only one. And you can never buy just one clamp.

It really doesn't say much for a place that sells tools and they discount them by 25% and I
still can't find a reason to pull the trigger.

Yeah, I hear that; other than the clamps the rest of the hand tool
area is useless.

Matt
Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:12:27 -0500, Matt Stachoni wrote:

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 01:04:49 +0000, toolmiser
wrote:

.... snip

It really doesn't say much for a place that sells tools and they discount them by 25% and I
still can't find a reason to pull the trigger.

Yeah, I hear that; other than the clamps the rest of the hand tool
area is useless.

Kind of showing how the folks in this group are different -- my son and I
were walking into HD a couple of weeks ago for some small thing and met
someone I know from work coming out. We greeted each other and he made the
comment, "going into the place with the big boys' toys, eh!" as if HD was
just the greatest place for things. I just kind of smiled at him and
made some comment like, "something like that". HD just doesn't get me
excited in the least.

Lee Valley (unfortunately, only on-line -- no LV in Arizona yet),
Grizzly, Woodworkers' Supply (I've stopped by the Albuquerque store in the
past) -- now *those* are the places with big boys' toys!

Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:02:30 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:12:27 -0500, Matt Stachoni wrote:

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 01:04:49 +0000, toolmiser
wrote:

... snip

It really doesn't say much for a place that sells tools and they discount them by 25% and I
still can't find a reason to pull the trigger.

Yeah, I hear that; other than the clamps the rest of the hand tool
area is useless.

Kind of showing how the folks in this group are different -- my son and I
were walking into HD a couple of weeks ago for some small thing and met
someone I know from work coming out. We greeted each other and he made the
comment, "going into the place with the big boys' toys, eh!" as if HD was
just the greatest place for things. I just kind of smiled at him and
made some comment like, "something like that". HD just doesn't get me
excited in the least.

snip

Speaking of excited... went to lowes yesterday and noticed a new fixture
outside... woody's hot dog's, sponsored by Lowes...

Now, folks can go home and tell their swmbo that they went to lowes and got a
woody... *groan*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn

mac davis wrote:

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:02:30 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:12:27 -0500, Matt Stachoni wrote:

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 01:04:49 +0000, toolmiser
wrote:

... snip

[...]

Jo4hn walks up to mac and gently fondles his lapel, brings his lips
close thereto, and softly says booooo. That is an official boo on your
lapel.
grunt,
jo4hn