Posted to rec.woodworking
william kossack

Default Andy Rooney's desk

I loved Andy Rooney's desk on Sunday morning.

Did anyone else see it?
Posted to rec.woodworking
william kossack

oops it was 60 minutes

william kossack wrote:
I loved Andy Rooney's desk on Sunday morning.

Did anyone else see it?

Posted to rec.woodworking
leonard

Yes it looked good,but did you see the daily show?apparently Jon Stewart
and The ex president (Carter I already new was a wooddorker)are wooddorkers!

Len

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bigpole

I belive he made it himself. He was in a woodworking magazine a while
back.

Ted

Posted to rec.woodworking
Wes Stewart

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 07:36:05 -0700, william kossack
wrote:

oops it was 60 minutes

william kossack wrote:
I loved Andy Rooney's desk on Sunday morning.

Did anyone else see it?

Once a week.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"william kossack" wrote in message
I loved Andy Rooney's desk on Sunday morning.

Did anyone else see it?

Yeah ... a big honking slab of walnut, very nice. It was unclear whether he
made the rest of the desk, but he has professed to being a wooddorker, that
he makes furniture, and has mentioned his "dream shop" in the past.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pig

He did a piece a year or so ago where he discussed his tools;
apparently he's a big customer of Lie Nielsen.

Personally, I never liked tree slab desks from an ascetic point of
view, and didn't particularly care for Andy's.

Mutt

Bigpole wrote:
I belive he made it himself. He was in a woodworking magazine a while
back.

Ted

Posted to rec.woodworking
Duke of Burl

In the 25th anniversery issue of FWW, there's an article by him about
his woodworking.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
william kossack wrote:

I loved Andy Rooney's desk on Sunday morning.

Did anyone else see it?

Yes. Did you hear what he said?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in892398.shtml
Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

william kossack wrote:

I loved Andy Rooney's desk on Sunday morning.

Did anyone else see it?

"Robatoy"
Yes. Did you hear what he said?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in892398.shtml

I love his last line : We had a great commander in WWII, Dwight Eisenhower.
He became President and on leaving the White House in 1961, he said this:
"We must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether
sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for
the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. ."

Well, Ike was right. That's just what's happened.

Ironically, Ike was the President that ordered the overthrow of Iran's
government and placed the Shaw in place. (DAGS Operation Ajax)

Andy should stick to building desks and commenting on the daily tommyrot of
life.

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

Pig wrote:
Personally, I never liked tree slab desks from an ascetic point of
view, and didn't particularly care for Andy's.

^^^^^^^
Well throw some ash on it and thrash it with a cat-o-nine-tails... would
that make you like it more?

er
--
email not valid
Posted to rec.woodworking
George E. Cawthon

Bigpole wrote:

I belive he made it himself. He was in a woodworking magazine a while
back.

Ted

You have a "sour" point of view?

Bringing wires through a desk top Virgil Smith Woodworking 24 May 27th 05 06:08 PM
Repair desk finish LurfysMa Woodworking 4 May 22nd 05 04:16 PM
TriFold Futon bed frame / desk (Murphy variation) beebe Woodworking 0 May 15th 05 01:26 AM
Ham Radio Desk RadioHead Woodworking 12 February 20th 05 12:25 PM
Desk Cable Channels Phil Jones UK diy 7 July 6th 03 09:52 PM