Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave

Default Amazon service --poor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do any of you out there have trouble getting what you ordered from them? I
ordered a PC router on Nov 9th and I still do not have it. I used to order
from Tool Crib of the North and would get everything in a week. Since Amazon
took over the service has been ****ty. This may be the last time I order
from them.

Posted to rec.woodworking
rickluce

Once. I called them and they shipped it overnight for free for my
inconvenience.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg O

"Dave" wrote in message
Do any of you out there have trouble getting what you ordered from them? I
ordered a PC router on Nov 9th and I still do not have it. I used to
order from Tool Crib of the North and would get everything in a week.
Since Amazon took over the service has been ****ty. This may be the last
time I order from them.

Call Amazon to stuff it and order it from the originators of the Tool Crib,
Acme Electric. 1-800-732-4287
I buy from them often, great guys. I am lucky enough to have a store just a
couple miles from me.
Greg

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

In my experience with tools from Amazon, if the item says "usually
ships within 24 hours" it is fine, but if it says anything else ("may
take 1-2 weeks", etc.), that really means it may take forever.
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote:
Do any of you out there have trouble getting what you ordered from them? I
ordered a PC router on Nov 9th and I still do not have it. I used to order
from Tool Crib of the North and would get everything in a week. Since Amazon
took over the service has been ****ty. This may be the last time I order
from them.

I've always had excellent service from them.

Bob

Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

"Dave" wrote in message
Do any of you out there have trouble getting what you ordered from them? I
ordered a PC router on Nov 9th and I still do not have it. I used to
order from Tool Crib of the North and would get everything in a week.
Since Amazon took over the service has been ****ty. This may be the last
time I order from them.

I have ordered from them maybe a dozen times; always with the free freight
they warn you might take a while. I think it once took two weeks, but most
have been under a week.
Their prices aren't as good as they were a year ago, but their service is
okay.

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Dave wrote:

Do any of you out there have trouble getting what you ordered from them? I
ordered a PC router on Nov 9th and I still do not have it. I used to order
from Tool Crib of the North and would get everything in a week. Since Amazon
took over the service has been ****ty. This may be the last time I order
from them.

NEVER! we order all sorts of stuff from Amazon. Only problem has been
shipping damage. They have an 800 number to call for customer service.

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
Kiwanda

"Toller" wrote in news:hA8lf.489$OU3.457
@news01.roc.ny:

"Dave" wrote in message
Do any of you out there have trouble getting what you ordered from

them? I
ordered a PC router on Nov 9th and I still do not have it. I used

order from Tool Crib of the North and would get everything in a

week.
Since Amazon took over the service has been ****ty. This may be

the last
time I order from them.

I have ordered from them maybe a dozen times; always with the free

freight
they warn you might take a while. I think it once took two weeks,

but most
have been under a week.
Their prices aren't as good as they were a year ago, but their

service is
okay.

My most recent order was for a couple of books that ended up costing
like $23.50 or so. In order to get free shipping I added to 4" hose
clamps ($.99 each) to the deal. Three weeks later TWO fairly large
boxes appeared on my door step, each holding a single hose clamp and
a huge wad of those air bag things. The books arrived almost a week
later-- 29 days after I ordered them. I've been ordering from Amazon
regularly since about 1998 and lately the prices and service have
gone to hell. But this really took the cake...they must have spend at
least five bucks on each of those boxes (postage, packing, labor,
materials) to send me two $.99 clamps.

-kiwanda

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

"Dave" wrote in message

[...]

I track packages online. I'd have called somebody within a week if my
stuff was a no-show. did you call?

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave

Yes I called and they said they would ship me the router by air /next day
delivery. I have been waiting a week now and the next day has never arrived
yet. Maybe Amazon is in a timewarp.

"Dave" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking
TeamCasa

"Dave" wrote in message
Do any of you out there have trouble getting what you ordered from them? I
ordered a PC router on Nov 9th and I still do not have it. I used to
order from Tool Crib of the North and would get everything in a week.
Since Amazon took over the service has been ****ty. This may be the last
time I order from them.

I only order form them if I don't need it fast. However, their service is
as they promise.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
Connor Aston

We cant order tools from Amazon in the UK as they dont do them . . CRAP.
I use an excellent company orders over £50 free shipping
www.axminster.co.uk

--
http://www.connoraston.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

Greg O wrote:

Call Amazon to stuff it and order it from the originators of the Tool Crib,
Acme Electric. 1-800-732-4287
I buy from them often, great guys. I am lucky enough to have a store just a
couple miles from me.
Greg

Coastal Tool is also a good bet:

http://www.coastaltool.com/

Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 07:47:27 +0000 (UTC), with neither quill nor qualm,
"Connor Aston" quickly quoth:

wrote:

Once. I called them and they shipped it overnight for free for my
inconvenience.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

Posted to rec.woodworking
FunkySpaceCowboy

I've been shopping with them since about 1998-9 and haven't ever had
problems with them getting the items out the door on time, when it's an
item sold and shipped by Amazon. I tend to avoid buying anything on
Amazon that isn't sold by them though as I have had problems when
trying to buy from other companies they act as a storefront for.

Come to think of it, I've started buying less from them now that their
searchs turn up so much crap sold by third parties through Amazon...but
when I do order, Amazon seems to handle their side of things very well.

UPS on the other hand is a different story... A couple weeks ago I
ordered a cheap Wilton/Columbian bench vise [1] and Amazon had it to
UPS later that day. According the UPS package tracking dealy it sat in
Cincinatti for 3 days before making it's way to Houston. Pretty much
every time I've had anything shipped by UPS where delivery estimates
are a range, like 3-5 days, they always sit on it long enough to just
make their deadline, never the earlier of the two estimates. I don't
like UPS at all. I have the same UPS irritations when I order from Lee
Valley too.

Interestingly, when I was still living in Anchorage I'd get packages
from Amazon shipped USPS priority faster than I get UPS packages down
here in the lower 48. Much faster. Back at one point in time Amazon
used to let you choose your carrier instead of just picking your
shipping priority but I've noticed they've stopped doing that. Which I
find irritating since I've always recieved better service from the good
ole USPS than I ever do from one of the commercial carriers...

Anyway, enough bitching for now...

Cheers,

Josh

--------------
[1] kinda crappy Chinese import but servicable for my immediate needs,
I'll get my $20 out of it before upgrading I'm sure.

Posted to rec.woodworking
rickluce

Get over it.

wrote:

Once. I called them and they shipped it overnight for free for my
inconvenience.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Olebiker

Dave wrote:
Do any of you out there have trouble getting what you ordered from them?

I ordered a PC dovetail jig from them last week. Even with the free
shipping it was delivered in 3 days. I have always had excellent luck
with them.

Dick Durbin

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert

"FunkySpaceCowboy" writes:

UPS on the other hand is a different story... A couple weeks ago I
ordered a cheap Wilton/Columbian bench vise [1] and Amazon had it to
UPS later that day. According the UPS package tracking dealy it sat in
Cincinatti for 3 days before making it's way to Houston. Pretty much
every time I've had anything shipped by UPS where delivery estimates
are a range, like 3-5 days, they always sit on it long enough to just
make their deadline, never the earlier of the two estimates. I don't
like UPS at all. I have the same UPS irritations when I order from Lee
Valley too.

I think UPS is trying to force people to use overnight, two day, or three
day service if they need faster service.

If ground almost always delivered overnight or in two days, why would
anyone pay for the more expensive service unless they needed a guarantee?

Brian Elfert
Posted to rec.woodworking
Ricky Robbins

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 03:17:52 GMT, "Dave" wrote:

Do any of you out there have trouble getting what you ordered from them?

Can't speak for "any" but I don't. I had one item that came in after
three days, not two days, and I sent an e-mail letting them know.
They e-mailed me an apology and a $5 gift e-coupon.

Ricky

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay Pique

Dave wrote:
Do any of you out there have trouble getting what you ordered from them? I
ordered a PC router on Nov 9th and I still do not have it. I used to order
from Tool Crib of the North and would get everything in a week. Since Amazon
took over the service has been ****ty. This may be the last time I order
from them.

I'm in a battle with them right now. Ordered a compressor on 12/1 that
said it normally ships w/in 24 hours and I got free 2-day shipping
since they bumped me up to Amazon Prime. It's still not here. I also
ordered a hammer stapler from them that was supposed to be the same
deal. It's not here either. Nothing like hand-nailing and sharing a
stapler.

JP
******************
Wasting time.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Cramer

On 05 Dec 2005, Dave spake unto rec.woodworking:

Do any of you out there have trouble getting what you ordered from
them? I ordered a PC router on Nov 9th and I still do not have it. I
used to order from Tool Crib of the North and would get everything in
a week. Since Amazon took over the service has been ****ty. This may
be the last time I order from them.

Have you tried whining to them? Whining to US probably won't help.

Scott
Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
I'm in a battle with them right now. Ordered a compressor on 12/1 that
said it normally ships w/in 24 hours and I got free 2-day shipping
since they bumped me up to Amazon Prime. It's still not here. I also
ordered a hammer stapler from them that was supposed to be the same
deal. It's not here either. Nothing like hand-nailing and sharing a
stapler.

The nice thing about Coastal Tools is that I walk out with the tool in
hand. I can call ahead to see if it is in stock if need be.

Amazon is OK for the guy out in the boonies, or if you have plentyof time,
but if I need something NOW, I'll go local every time.

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Amazon is OK for the guy out in the boonies, or if you have plentyof time,
but if I need something NOW, I'll go local every time.

Gee Ed, that's really profound.

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay Pique

Jay Pique wrote:
Dave wrote:
Do any of you out there have trouble getting what you ordered from them? I
ordered a PC router on Nov 9th and I still do not have it. I used to order
from Tool Crib of the North and would get everything in a week. Since Amazon
took over the service has been ****ty. This may be the last time I order
from them.

I'm in a battle with them right now. Ordered a compressor on 12/1 that
said it normally ships w/in 24 hours and I got free 2-day shipping
since they bumped me up to Amazon Prime. It's still not here. I also
ordered a hammer stapler from them that was supposed to be the same
deal. It's not here either. Nothing like hand-nailing and sharing a
stapler.

Well it arrived, 6 days after ordering. Stapler is great. Compressor
is damaged and will need to be returned. What a PITA.

JP

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

"FunkySpaceCowboy" wrote in message
oups.com...

Come to think of it, I've started buying less from them now that their
searchs turn up so much crap sold by third parties through Amazon...but
when I do order, Amazon seems to handle their side of things very well.

I have had the same problem and have repeatedly asked them for an Amazon
Only search function. They always ignored my question and answer with a
generic search response. I finally asked friend who worked at Amazon who
told me that since they introduce the Prime Shipping option they have had
many requests for the Amazon Only search function but they can't implement
it because it would violate their partner agreements.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave

I'm the originator of this post. Here's an update of why Amazon said I
didn't get the PC 694VK router yet that I ordered on Nov 9th. When I ordered
the router I sent them a certified bank check. The excuse they gave me is
that their system has a computer glitch and is not equipped to handle a
payment by check and that they are working on it and that it should be fixed
any day and when it is I will get "next day shipping" at no extra charge. I
ask what kind of bull crapp statement is that? I've heard everything now.
I've worked as a computer analyst for 28 years and I've never heard that
kind of an excuse.
Just thought I'd keep you updated on Amazons new excuses. If I don't get it
by next week I told them I want my money back.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

"Dave" wrote in message

I'm the originator of this post. Here's an update of why Amazon said I
didn't get the PC 694VK router yet that I ordered on Nov 9th. When I

ordered
the router I sent them a certified bank check. The excuse they gave me is
that their system has a computer glitch and is not equipped to handle a
payment by check and that they are working on it and that it should be

fixed
any day and when it is I will get "next day shipping" at no extra charge.

ask what kind of bull crapp statement is that? I've heard everything now.
I've worked as a computer analyst for 28 years and I've never heard that
kind of an excuse.
Just thought I'd keep you updated on Amazons new excuses. If I don't get

it
by next week I told them I want my money back.

Amazing. Like you Dave, I would be pretty upset with that crock. I too
have over 25 years in this business and you simply could not convince me of
such a thing.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking
George

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
ask what kind of bull crapp statement is that? I've heard everything now.
I've worked as a computer analyst for 28 years and I've never heard that
kind of an excuse.
Just thought I'd keep you updated on Amazons new excuses. If I don't get

it
by next week I told them I want my money back.

Amazing. Like you Dave, I would be pretty upset with that crock. I too
have over 25 years in this business and you simply could not convince me
of
such a thing.

NOT so amazing. Next time you go to one of those "medical centers" to the
doctor, just TRY to pay in cash. It's incredible. No way to enter in the
computer, no place to put the lucre. Insurance or check only. It's a hoot!

Last time they told me they'd bill me and gave the cash back.

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

George wrote:

[...]

Just the opposite when I bought my house. At closing, the bank would
only accept CASH (no check). I just passed their credit check to buy a
house, and they wouldn't accept a check? The woman who processed the
transaction put our money in her purse. Wells Fargo was the bank, IIRC.
Strangest damn business transaction I've ever been involved in.

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin

"David" wrote in message
. ..
George wrote:

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

NOT so amazing. Next time you go to one of those "medical centers" to
the doctor, just TRY to pay in cash. It's incredible. No way to enter
in the computer, no place to put the lucre. Insurance or check only.
It's a hoot!

Last time they told me they'd bill me and gave the cash back.

Just the opposite when I bought my house. At closing, the bank would only
accept CASH (no check). I just passed their credit check to buy a house,
and they wouldn't accept a check? The woman who processed the transaction
put our money in her purse. Wells Fargo was the bank, IIRC. Strangest
damn business transaction I've ever been involved in.

I'll be over in the morning to take possession of your house... I checked
into things and it seems the closing transaction was never officially
recorded with the former owner, bank or county so I put a claim in on it...
;~)

John

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message

I'll be over in the morning to take possession of your house... I checked
into things and it seems the closing transaction was never officially
recorded with the former owner, bank or county so I put a claim in on

it...
;~)

You're too late ... the city has already decided to use eminent domain and
replace it with high density condo's to increase their tax base ... for the
good of all, of course.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

John Grossbohlin wrote:

I'll be over in the morning to take possession of your house... I checked
into things and it seems the closing transaction was never officially
recorded with the former owner, bank or county so I put a claim in on it...
;~)

John

Termites and squirrels too?

Dave

Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
Is TV Service the Blacksmith of the 21 Century Jim Electronics Repair 15 December 28th 03 06:49 PM
Maytag Neptune Washer lousy customer service for repair; I would think twice next time and buy from Sears wkearney99 Home Ownership 0 November 28th 03 09:01 PM
Gas boiler service review/advice David Hearn UK diy 1 November 18th 03 04:21 PM
Grounding Rod Info Mark Wilson Home Repair 37 July 19th 03 02:34 PM