Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default GEODESIC DOME OBSERVATORY

http://www.orednet.org/~jgarlitz/geodome.htm

Been doing some searching for something not even remotely
resembling this. But, figured I'd pass it along - it does use some
wood. If nothing else, Luigi can make one for an ice fishing shanty, or
something. LOL

JOAT
A rolling stone gathers no moss...unless it's a hobby he does on the
weekends.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 12/4/2005 3:54 PM J T mumbled something about the following:
http://www.orednet.org/~jgarlitz/geodome.htm

Been doing some searching for something not even remotely
resembling this. But, figured I'd pass it along - it does use some
wood. If nothing else, Luigi can make one for an ice fishing shanty, or
something. LOL

I had run across those same plans some time back when I was researching
plans on geodesic homes. I am planning on building the wife and I a new
house in 5-10 years, and have decided to go geodesic, and was planning
on using that at the top for the wife's star watching (she has a pretty
nice telescope, but was planning on building her a nice 8" or 10"
newtonion in her on dome).

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

Odinn wrote:
... wife's star watching (she has a pretty
nice telescope, but was planning on building her a nice 8" or 10"
newtonion in her on dome).

Go with the ten inch. There's no substitute for aperture.

__

FF

Posted to rec.woodworking
Kevin Craig

In article .com,
wrote:

Go with the ten inch. There's no substitute for aperture.

Size counts?
Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Kevin Craig said:

In article .com,
wrote:

Go with the ten inch. There's no substitute for aperture.

Size counts?

I knew some wag would interject with a comment along those lines...
As long as it fills the aperture, however, size doesn't matter. :-\

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Luigi Zanasi

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 15:54:52 -0500, (J T)
scribbled:

http://www.orednet.org/~jgarlitz/geodome.htm

Been doing some searching for something not even remotely
resembling this. But, figured I'd pass it along - it does use some
wood. If nothing else, Luigi can make one for an ice fishing shanty, or
something. LOL

My ice fishing shack was designed from he

http://www.desertdomes.com/index.html

Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...ct_Woodworking
Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 12/6/2005 1:59 AM Luigi Zanasi mumbled something about the following:
On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 15:54:52 -0500, (J T)
scribbled:

http://www.orednet.org/~jgarlitz/geodome.htm

Been doing some searching for something not even remotely
resembling this. But, figured I'd pass it along - it does use some
wood. If nothing else, Luigi can make one for an ice fishing shanty, or
something. LOL

My ice fishing shack was designed from he

http://www.desertdomes.com/index.html

Best place for getting the length of struts for 3, 4, 5 and 6 freq
domes. I've transfered that info to a spreadsheet so I can do fast
calculations and have it converted to feet inches and 64ths.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 22:59:11 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
Luigi Zanasi quickly quoth:

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 15:54:52 -0500, (J T)
scribbled:

http://www.orednet.org/~jgarlitz/geodome.htm

Been doing some searching for something not even remotely
resembling this. But, figured I'd pass it along - it does use some
wood. If nothing else, Luigi can make one for an ice fishing shanty, or
something. LOL

My ice fishing shack was designed from he

Oh, silly Canuckistani person, why do you fish for ice?

http://www.desertdomes.com/index.html

Cool. That looks like an interesting way to make a glueup, assembly,
and finish/paint shack. Hmmm...

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Larry Jaques (in ) said:

| On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 22:59:11 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
| Luigi Zanasi quickly quoth:
|
|| On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 15:54:52 -0500,
(J T)
|| scribbled:
http://www.orednet.org/~jgarlitz/geodome.htm
||| Been doing some searching for something not even remotely
||| resembling this. But, figured I'd pass it along - it does use
||| some wood. If nothing else, Luigi can make one for an ice
||| fishing shanty, or something. LOL
|| My ice fishing shack was designed from he
|
| Oh, silly Canuckistani person, why do you fish for ice?
|

|| http://www.desertdomes.com/index.html
|
| Cool. That looks like an interesting way to make a glueup, assembly,
| and finish/paint shack. Hmmm...

Could probably assemble with cable ties through holes for temporary
use, too...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Mon, Dec 5, 2005, 10:59pm (EST-3) (Luigi*Zanasi) did
send the words:
My ice fishing shack was designed from he
http://www.desertdomes.com/index.html

Canadian yurt, eh? LOL Wish you'd included a link to a picture of
it.