Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob G.

Default GEODESIC DOME OBSERVATORY

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 00:00:29 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

Sun, Dec 4, 2005, 7:34pm
(Odinn) doth planneth:
snip planning on building her a nice 8" or 10" newtonion in her on
dome).

Check out Build Your Own Telescope, b Richard Berry. Five
telescope planss, and very easy to understand. I picked up a used copy
awhile back, at a very decent price. Heh heh.

JOAT
A rolling stone gathers no moss...unless it's a hobby he does on the
weekends.

========================
I'm still mulling over my plans for building my own
observatory....since my lot is tree infested and my chain saw would
get me in big trouble with the wife my observatory just may end up
being placed in the roof of a 6x10 foot cargo trailer... so I can drag
the entire thing to a dark sky location..or if I can figure out a
"cheap" way to construct a pier up to the roof of my 2 storry garage
and isolate the scope from the building...or if I can just build a sky
shed with a roll off roof in my front lawn (not too many trees out
there).... Need to be cheap so I can afford buy another Negler
Eyepiece..

Bob G.