Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

Default Ryobi BT3100 Belt Drive Table Saw Clearance $199 at Home Depot !

Saw this posted over on fatwallet.
Looks to be a pretty good deal if you are in the market for one.

Update. Some HDs have this saw for 199 on clearance. Thanks ryanscott6

Was at my HD and saw the BT3100 for 300 less 50 MIR (says from
manufacturer util Jan 1/4/06 for purchase.) Rebate coupons are on a
pad attached to the display model.

MODEL BT3100
SKU 348-281

Throw a coupon at this and it'll be a really sweet deal.

This is a great saw. Cuts like butter. Belt drive makes it smooth as
silk.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ryobi t/s? DAGS on that and see if you want to sink the bucks into it.
I'll pass.

Posted to rec.woodworking
DAC

BTDT I'll never go back -- thats still too much$. Butter is about all
it'll cut.

Darwin

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

"DAC" wrote:

BTDT I'll never go back -- thats still too much$. Butter is about all
it'll cut.

Darwin

Or the 8/4 Maple, Oak, etc. that I run through mine. Any of you guys ever
hear of Sharp blades? )
Posted to rec.woodworking
John DeBoo

DAC wrote:
BTDT I'll never go back -- thats still too much$. Butter is about all
it'll cut.

Darwin

Thats a crock of crap. I've cut all manner of stuff with mine and not
been the least bit unhappy with it.
John

Posted to rec.woodworking
hylourgos

Sure, it's no cabinet saw, but I'd put its power up against any other
saw with a universal motor. Put a decent blade in it (which is has out
of the box, btw, a Freud combo if I'm not mistaken) and it does well.
I've ripped 2x4s the wide side (the 4x side, not the 2x side), without
a hiccup.

How many other universal saws you know of that'll cut something over 4"
in height?

What would you change on it while keeping it's cost under $300?

It's not the cat's meow, I realize, but for its market niche and price,
it's a fine saw.

H.

Posted to rec.woodworking
www

Ryobi BT3100K review -
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/rev...obiBT3100K.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking
nospambob

I read somewhere that Freud designed the original blade for the
BT3000. It was awesome out of the box!

Put a decent blade in it (which is has out of the box, btw, a Freud combo if I'm not mistaken) and it does well.

Posted to rec.woodworking
mike

Is the Ryobi BT3100 clearance price widespread? My local HomeDepot (St.
Louis, MO) still has them at $299 (minus $50 rebate). Their website is
the same.

Thanks,
*Michael

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

According to the posters over at Fat Wallet it is nationwide.
They are reporting that the sticker reads $299 but it rings up at the
cash register for $199. Here are couple of links for more info:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...hreadid=548683

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...postid=0#post0