Joe Fabeitz

Default Ryobi + Home Depot

Guys (and gal),

I just had someone tell me Home Depot and Ryobi are "in cahoots" and "the
holy H" is the ONLY place you can buy Ryobi power tools. When the hell did
this happen and why wasn't I notified? Anyone else know about this?

Edwin Pawlowski

"Joe Fabeitz" wrote in message

I just had someone tell me Home Depot and Ryobi are "in cahoots" and "the
holy H" is the ONLY place you can buy Ryobi power tools. When the hell
did
this happen and why wasn't I notified? Anyone else know about this?

Great marriage. HD sells mediocre stuff, Ryobi makes mediocre stuff.

You probably know, Ryobi is made for the homeowner that has very light use,
not for a pro.

Tony Hwang

Joe Fabeitz wrote:

Guys (and gal),

I just had someone tell me Home Depot and Ryobi are "in cahoots" and "the
holy H" is the ONLY place you can buy Ryobi power tools. When the hell did
this happen and why wasn't I notified? Anyone else know about this?

Hi,
I am not a fan of Ryobi stuff.
Nothing special.
Tony
willshak

Joe Fabeitz wrote:

Guys (and gal),

I just had someone tell me Home Depot and Ryobi are "in cahoots" and "the
holy H" is the ONLY place you can buy Ryobi power tools. When the hell did
this happen and why wasn't I notified? Anyone else know about this?

It's been that way for a number of years. A few years ago, I happened to
be in Lowes, and I was wandering around the tool section looking for a
replacement battery for an old 12v Ryobi drill driver and they told me
that they didn't sell Ryobi products and that I had to go to HD.

patrick mitchel

and the same company that owns ryobi now (recent acquisition) owns milwaukee
tools - better get yer "good " sawzall now....sigh

bill a

It's true about the affiliation, but really, what does it matter?
Many of the old brand names aren't what they used to be either.
The tools are OK for lighter homeowner usage, drill chucks & switches have
improved
since 18v tools have become their mainstream.
bill

"Joe Fabeitz" wrote in message
. ..
Guys (and gal),

I just had someone tell me Home Depot and Ryobi are "in cahoots" and "the
holy H" is the ONLY place you can buy Ryobi power tools. When the hell
did
this happen and why wasn't I notified? Anyone else know about this?

willshak

patrick mitchel wrote:

and the same company that owns ryobi now (recent acquisition) owns milwaukee
tools - better get yer "good " sawzall now....sigh

So, a Hong Kong company (Techtronic Industries) buys out a Swedish
company's (Atlas Copco) brand.
If you want to buy a tool from Milwaukee when it was owned by a US
company, you'll have to buy one made before 1995.
What makes you think that if one company owns two or more different
brands that they all will be of equal quality?
As already mentioned, Daimler owns Chrysler (not the other way around!).
Does that mean that the Mercedes will be of the same quality as the
Dodge Neon, or vice versa?
Ford owns Aston Martin, Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, and Mazda. Did any of
those 'foreign' cars gain or lose quality due to the change of ownership?
R Hace

"willshak" wrote in message
patrick mitchel wrote:

snip

Ford owns Aston Martin, Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, and Mazda. Did any of
those 'foreign' cars gain or lose quality due to the change of ownership?

As the owner of a couple of Rangers, I can tell you that you can find Mazda
parts under Ford hoods and vice versa.

Lance "But I don't like Mazdas" Hays

A User

"Joe Fabeitz" wrote in message ...
Guys (and gal),

I just had someone tell me Home Depot and Ryobi are "in cahoots" and "the
holy H" is the ONLY place you can buy Ryobi power tools. When the hell did
this happen and why wasn't I notified? Anyone else know about this?

Around 2-3 months ago I purchased a Ryobi trimmer (weedwacker) from a
Meijer in southeast Michigan. They also had several other Ryobi power
lawn tools, such as an edger and different models of combo
trimmer/edgers.
Edwin Pawlowski

"willshak" wrote in message
As already mentioned, Daimler owns Chrysler (not the other way around!).
Does that mean that the Mercedes will be of the same quality as the Dodge
Neon, ?

Having owned a Mercedes, that may not be a bad thing.

Ford owns Aston Martin, Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, and Mazda. Did any of
those 'foreign' cars gain or lose quality due to the change of ownership?

Jag has gotten much better (reliable) now that they use the Mustang V-8.
Electrical systems got better after dumping the Duke of Darkness (Lucas)

patrick mitchel

wilshak; I only mentioned the 2 companies. It wasn't meant as an indictment
of every aquisition. I've had the use of an old sawzall for 30 yrs. The
thing is as strong as the day it was made. The only ryobi tool I've had was
an old (20yrs old) palm sander- still going strong. Since I read the
woodworking and metalworking NG's daily, I've seen more than a couple of
posts on the 2 tool makers. Yeah Ryobi tools work at the price the're made.
Perhaps not for long or perhaps they're overused- the point I wanted to make
is that the parent company of ryobi bought milwaukee. You added the rest.
Now that I think of it perhaps I shouldn't have hijacked the thread.
Sorry...