Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

Default free bi-metal utility knife blades

If you haven't tried Irwin's bi-metal utility knife blades, I recommend
them. I've found they stay sharp longer and resist bending better than
regular blades. Good stuff. Even better, Irwin wants to give you a
pack of 5 of them for free - go to www.irwin.com/blueblade and click
the "Get 5 blades free" banner. OK, so I might be a sucker for
advertising gimmicks, but if they want to send me free blades, that's
fine by me.
No affiliation with anyone, I just like quality stuff.
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
If you haven't tried Irwin's bi-metal utility knife blades, I recommend
them. I've found they stay sharp longer and resist bending better than
regular blades. Good stuff. Even better, Irwin wants to give you a
pack of 5 of them for free - go to www.irwin.com/blueblade and click
the "Get 5 blades free" banner. OK, so I might be a sucker for
advertising gimmicks, but if they want to send me free blades, that's
fine by me.
No affiliation with anyone, I just like quality stuff.
Andy

I recently converted over to the utility knife that has 10 or so blades on 1
stick that you break off to renew the point. Faster to load, faster to
change points, and fewer blade changes.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen

Andy wrote:
Even better, Irwin wants to give you a
pack of 5 of them for free - go to www.irwin.com/blueblade and click
the "Get 5 blades free" banner.

They've got spaces for "country" and "state/province", but the fine
print says that the offer is valid only in the US.

????

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking
Battleax

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
If you haven't tried Irwin's bi-metal utility knife blades, I recommend
them. I've found they stay sharp longer and resist bending better than
regular blades. Good stuff. Even better, Irwin wants to give you a
pack of 5 of them for free - go to www.irwin.com/blueblade and click
the "Get 5 blades free" banner. OK, so I might be a sucker for
advertising gimmicks, but if they want to send me free blades, that's
fine by me.
No affiliation with anyone, I just like quality stuff.
Andy

Those short blade knives are junk, even when free

Posted to rec.woodworking
Barry Lennox

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:17:02 -0600, Chris Friesen
wrote:

Andy wrote:
Even better, Irwin wants to give you a
pack of 5 of them for free - go to www.irwin.com/blueblade and click
the "Get 5 blades free" banner.

They've got spaces for "country" and "state/province", but the fine
print says that the offer is valid only in the US.

Well, I tried, it works for the USA and Canada only, but not for New
Zealand!! However, I bought some a couple of months ago, and I'm
impressed with them.

Barry Lennox

Posted to rec.woodworking
DanG

Barry,

How on earth could you try Irwin blades with a last name like
yours? I do realize you have too many n's and that the corporate
borgs have intertwined.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote:

Andy wrote:
Even better, Irwin wants to give you a
pack of 5 of them for free - go to
www.irwin.com/blueblade and
click
the "Get 5 blades free" banner.

They've got spaces for "country" and "state/province", but the
fine
print says that the offer is valid only in the US.

Well, I tried, it works for the USA and Canada only, but not for
New
Zealand!! However, I bought some a couple of months ago, and
I'm
impressed with them.

Barry Lennox

Posted to rec.woodworking
Fly-by-Night CC

In article .com,
"Andy" wrote:

Even better, Irwin wants to give you a
pack of 5 of them for free - go to www.irwin.com/blueblade and click
the "Get 5 blades free" banner. OK, so I might be a sucker for
advertising gimmicks, but if they want to send me free blades, that's
fine by me.

Not free at all - you paid them with your personal contact information.
Just for kicks I've started a list of the non-important companies I
submit my info to - but I intentionally botch something to see if and
where that info ends up. For example, in completing this Irwin offer I
spelled my first name as Owyn. Now anything emailed or USPS'd to Owyn
Lowe is easily identified as having the Irwin offer as the source.

Not very productive perhaps but it could be interesting if I keep up
with tracking the incoming stuff and the dates.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05
Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve knight

On 29 Nov 2005 23:32:47 -0800, "Andy" wrote:

If you haven't tried Irwin's bi-metal utility knife blades, I recommend
them. I've found they stay sharp longer and resist bending better than
regular blades. Good stuff.

I tired them and I thought they sucked. well they are not all that
sharp that's my only real complaint. but they sucked at cutting
cardboard. I sharpened one and it helped but what's the point? if it
is duller then I like they are not worth the extra cost.
Knight-Toolworks
http://www.knight-toolworks.com
affordable handmade wooden planes
Posted to rec.woodworking
Barry Lennox

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:05:01 -0600, "DanG" wrote:

Barry,

How on earth could you try Irwin blades with a last name like
yours? I do realize you have too many n's and that the corporate
borgs have intertwined.

I know, I have been given a hard time before on this! However, here in
NZ, Lennox blades are never seen. The glass/ceramic Lenox is here, as
is the Lennox A/C. I might have the Lennox/Lenox thing wrong here, but
I understand in early Scotland the locals were non too literate so
"anything went"

Barry
Posted to rec.woodworking
Barry Lennox

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:09:14 -0800, Fly-by-Night CC
wrote:

In article .com,
"Andy" wrote:

Even better, Irwin wants to give you a
pack of 5 of them for free - go to www.irwin.com/blueblade and click
the "Get 5 blades free" banner. OK, so I might be a sucker for
advertising gimmicks, but if they want to send me free blades, that's
fine by me.

Not free at all - you paid them with your personal contact information.
Just for kicks I've started a list of the non-important companies I
submit my info to - but I intentionally botch something to see if and
where that info ends up. For example, in completing this Irwin offer I
spelled my first name as Owyn. Now anything emailed or USPS'd to Owyn
Lowe is easily identified as having the Irwin offer as the source.

I use Spamgourmet for this tracking. Check them out at
www.spamgourmet.com With hardly any effort, you just make up a unique
email address each time you give it out. Then you have absolute proof
of who sells your info. It works great.

Barry

question jr Metalworking 17 August 30th 05 01:37 AM
Does polishing one or both surfaces reduce metal to metal friction? SA Development Metalworking 5 June 7th 05 01:19 AM
Bandsaw blades for Metal brownnsharp Metalworking 11 November 21st 03 10:12 PM