Posted to rec.woodworking
Barry Lennox

Default free bi-metal utility knife blades

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:09:14 -0800, Fly-by-Night CC
wrote:

In article .com,
"Andy" wrote:

Even better, Irwin wants to give you a
pack of 5 of them for free - go to www.irwin.com/blueblade and click
the "Get 5 blades free" banner. OK, so I might be a sucker for
advertising gimmicks, but if they want to send me free blades, that's
fine by me.

Not free at all - you paid them with your personal contact information.
Just for kicks I've started a list of the non-important companies I
submit my info to - but I intentionally botch something to see if and
where that info ends up. For example, in completing this Irwin offer I
spelled my first name as Owyn. Now anything emailed or USPS'd to Owyn
Lowe is easily identified as having the Irwin offer as the source.

I use Spamgourmet for this tracking. Check them out at
www.spamgourmet.com With hardly any effort, you just make up a unique
email address each time you give it out. Then you have absolute proof
of who sells your info. It works great.

Barry