Old November 26th 05, 06:31 PM posted to rec.woodworking
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Default A blast from the past - Ridgid 1975/76 Calendar

Back from the days when companies could (and did) get away with using
scantly clad models to promote their 'hard' ware. Ridgid used to issue
some outrageous calendars.

From clamps to pipe wrenches, the "Women of the Ridgid brand tools" may
or may not have helped sales, but they sure did adorn many toolshops!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/sets/917376/

Jack

PS - I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just happened to find this on
the Internet and thought some people would get a kick out of it.

Old November 26th 05, 07:43 PM posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net said:

Back from the days when companies could (and did) get away with using
scantly clad models to promote their 'hard' ware. Ridgid used to issue
some outrageous calendars.

I still have a few Snap-On and Mr. Gasket calendars... ;-)

From clamps to pipe wrenches, the "Women of the Ridgid brand tools" may
or may not have helped sales, but they sure did adorn many toolshops!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/sets/917376/

Jack

PS - I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just happened to find this on
the Internet and thought some people would get a kick out of it.

Can you imagine these same women in these same poses, taken today...
Talk about a limp stilson... g

Greg G.
Old November 26th 05, 08:10 PM posted to rec.woodworking
Greg O

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message ...
Back from the days when companies could (and did) get away with using
scantly clad models to promote their 'hard' ware. Ridgid used to issue
some outrageous calendars.

From clamps to pipe wrenches, the "Women of the Ridgid brand tools" may or
may not have helped sales, but they sure did adorn many toolshops!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/sets/917376/

Jack

PS - I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just happened to find this on
the Internet and thought some people would get a kick out of it.

Ridged still prints calendars like that, 'cept the bikini's are smaller. We
had a 2005 hanging up in the shop until one of the "juvenile" males in the
shop defaced it, then the boss took it down.
Greg

Old November 26th 05, 11:24 PM posted to rec.woodworking
Christian

that is a relly nice pipe bender she has there....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/...in/set-917376/

Christian

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message ...
Back from the days when companies could (and did) get away with using
scantly clad models to promote their 'hard' ware. Ridgid used to issue
some outrageous calendars.

From clamps to pipe wrenches, the "Women of the Ridgid brand tools" may or

Old November 27th 05, 12:51 AM posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 14:43:22 -0500, Greg wrote:

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net said:

Back from the days when companies could (and did) get away with using
scantly clad models to promote their 'hard' ware. Ridgid used to issue
some outrageous calendars.

I still have a few Snap-On and Mr. Gasket calendars... ;-)

From clamps to pipe wrenches, the "Women of the Ridgid brand tools" may
or may not have helped sales, but they sure did adorn many toolshops!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/sets/917376/

Jack

PS - I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just happened to find this on
the Internet and thought some people would get a kick out of it.

Can you imagine these same women in these same poses, taken today...
Talk about a limp stilson... g

Greg G.

Ah, and not a single belly button piercing to be seen. [I was in high
school during 75 & 76, so these are from my generation]

Old November 27th 05, 03:06 AM posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss

Mark & Juanita wrote:

: Ah, and not a single belly button piercing to be seen. [I was in high
: school during 75 & 76, so these are from my generation]

Sigh. I was there 75-78. Ah, the memories.

-- Andy Barss
Old November 27th 05, 04:16 AM posted to rec.woodworking
shooter357

I'd swear that Miss September/October is actress Colleen Camp

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/...in/set-917376/

what do you think

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 19:24:09 -0400, "Christian"
wrote:

that is a relly nice pipe bender she has there....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/...in/set-917376/

Christian

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message ...
Back from the days when companies could (and did) get away with using
scantly clad models to promote their 'hard' ware. Ridgid used to issue
some outrageous calendars.

From clamps to pipe wrenches, the "Women of the Ridgid brand tools" may or

Old November 27th 05, 04:28 AM posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net said:

Back from the days when companies could (and did) get away with using
scantly clad models to promote their 'hard' ware. Ridgid used to issue
some outrageous calendars.

I must resemble that statement.

Those calendars were tastefully done, and have earned a place in Americana.

First thing Emerson did after purchasing Rigid was to discontinue the
calendar.

My associate made a sales calls a couple of days after the announcement.

It was not a happy place.

Seems customers were registering their thoughts with customer service
and the word travelled fast around the place.

Turned out to be a precursor of things to come.

Lew

Cordless drills Alan Woodworking 33 November 21st 03 07:12 PM
The New Ridgid power tool Warranty Leon Woodworking 0 November 3rd 03 07:27 PM