Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave

Default Opinions about Delta 26-206 bandsaw

I am thinking of buying this bandsaw and would like to hear from anyone
that has it or had it. What did you like/dislike?
How is the resaw capability. How often do you resaw a board that is
over 6"? What type of blades and guides do you have?
How much vibration is there and are you using a mobile base?

Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Dave said:

I am thinking of buying this bandsaw and would like to hear from anyone
that has it or had it. What did you like/dislike?
How is the resaw capability. How often do you resaw a board that is
over 6"? What type of blades and guides do you have?
How much vibration is there and are you using a mobile base?

Thanks.

Don't know of a 26-206, but there is a 28-206.
I picked one up _really_ cheap a couple of years ago.

The Chinese motor is not very good. It rumbles and has little power.
It has a standard mounting frame, so it can be replaced with a real
motor when it (thankfully) burns up. Smells like fish when running.

I have a riser kit on it, but resawing boards that wide with 3/4 HP is
problematic. Steady and carefully will accomplish the task, but it's
no picnic.

The quick release is cool, as is the 4" dust collector, but it is
still advisable to install a lower wheel brush.

All aftermarket Delta parts fit this saw as well as the American built
cousin - guides, riser kit, tires, bearings, etc.

There is a page on my web site that details some of the things you
should watch for:

http://www.thevideodoc.com/pwoodw3.htm

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave

Ooppsss...typo...you are right, the model numder is 28-206. The Delta site
states it has a 1 HP motor but is seems like your's has a 3/4 HP motor,
which could be the 28-276. I will check out the link you gave.

"Greg G." wrote:

Dave said:

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave

I looked at the site you listed. It has some great things to keep in mind
in case I get the saw.

"Greg G." wrote:

Dave said:

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Dave said:

I looked at the site you listed. It has some great things to keep in mind
in case I get the saw.

Both models are the same physical bandsaw, only with different
cabinet/stand and motor/pulley. Both come with Chinese motors, and
both have standard NEMA mounts.

And it's not THE site, it's MY site... g

Good Luck

"Greg G." wrote:

Dave said:

[...]

Delta Homecraft 10" bandsaw - should I??? Keith Carlson Woodworking 4 April 5th 18 05:14 PM
FS: Delta 14" platinum Edition Bandsaw -- Also Carbide Blades [email protected] Woodworking 4 February 3rd 05 12:26 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Old Delta bandsaw questions Jonathan Woodworking 1 November 20th 04 10:27 PM
Delta 28-299B Bandsaw, minor gloat (I think) Forrest Chamberlain Woodworking 22 December 22nd 03 11:23 AM