Posted to rec.woodworking
Bernie Swanson

Default New Jet Bar Clamps

Has anyone tried these and compared them with my favorite, the Besseys?
They seem pretty nice. Please share you experience.

Posted to rec.woodworking

i looked at them side by side at the store a week ago and the jet
clamps looked bigger and tougher but after picking them up and
comparing them they besseys are heads and tails better they were
smoother and maintain there square better when clamping hope this helps
Bernie Swanson wrote:
Has anyone tried these and compared them with my favorite, the Besseys?
They seem pretty nice. Please share you experience.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han

"BillyBob" wrote in
ink.net:

"Zigler" wrote in message
On 19 Nov 2005 21:08:49 -0800, wrote:
i looked at them side by side at the store a week ago and the jet
clamps looked bigger and tougher but after picking them up and
comparing them they besseys are heads and tails better they were
smoother and maintain there square better when clamping hope this
helps

Perhaps this would help even mo

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/087...395914?v=glanc
e&n=283155&n=507846&s=books&v=glance

-Zig

That brought up a book on the English language when I clicked on it.
?????

The English that gl82898 used could be better (especially punctuation),
but Zigler was really nitpicking in a most irritating way (IMHO).

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB

.....really nitpicking in a most irritating way (IMHO).

We seem to have quite a few English professors roaming the groups lately.
They don't seem to understand that many of us post in a quick, often cryptic
manner. Those who need to write and grade proper newsgroup input have a lot
of choices.

alt.english
alt.english.usage
alt.language.usage, etc., etc., etc

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

RonB wrote:
.....really nitpicking in a most irritating way (IMHO).

We seem to have quite a few English professors roaming the groups lately.
They don't seem to understand that many of us post in a quick, often cryptic
manner.

Others use English as a secondary language.

I'd rather see good info, poorly written, than a perfectly worded post
with no good information. G

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Hall

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 13:28:07 GMT, "BillyBob"
wrote:

.. .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/087...oks&v=glanc e

-Zig

That brought up a book on the English language when I clicked on it. ?????

That is because Zigler was being an asshole. Hopefully for those
physically around him it was either a short-term problem or he only is
an asshole when playing in newsgroups.

Dave Hall
Posted to rec.woodworking
DamnYankee

I've often wondered if those real assholes were born that way or
practice it to get good.

Bryan

Dave Hall wrote:
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 13:28:07 GMT, "BillyBob"
wrote:

"Zigler" wrote in message
.. .
On 19 Nov 2005 21:08:49 -0800, wrote:
i looked at them side by side at the store a week ago and the jet
clamps looked bigger and tougher but after picking them up and
comparing them they besseys are heads and tails better they were
smoother and maintain there square better when clamping hope this helps

Perhaps this would help even mo

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/087...oks&v=glanc e

-Zig

That brought up a book on the English language when I clicked on it. ?????

That is because Zigler was being an asshole. Hopefully for those
physically around him it was either a short-term problem or he only is
an asshole when playing in newsgroups.

Dave Hall

Posted to rec.woodworking
DAC

Agree...c a s e i n p o i n t:

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

-Sauce unknown

Posted to rec.woodworking
Rick Samuel

WOW!! Now we know ALL about Jet bar clamps.

Corner clamps for a frame, What is this for? Steve Home Repair 0 October 17th 05 08:11 PM
Clamps Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 6 January 19th 05 08:32 AM
Clamps from Borg Robert Rushing Woodworking 26 September 10th 04 10:08 PM
FS : Pipe Clamps & Deep throat Pipe clamps Rob V Woodworking 5 February 14th 04 02:33 PM
Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps ON SALE TomL Woodworking 2 August 3rd 03 04:49 PM