Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

Default Joinery ideas please!

Mark, just post it to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. If your ISP
doesn't support this, you can at least see some others' work at:
http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

I suppose I should get a digital camera someday...Or use this scanner
that's taking up all this space! Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
Marcus

tom wrote:

Mark, just post it to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. If your ISP
doesn't support this, you can at least see some others' work at:
http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/

OK. The picture should be in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.
subject: Hatbox.
Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

"Warning, I'm no pro!" Well, you don't say how many sides are on the
thing (boxes usually have 4, but I've seen them with more) , but from
your description, the weight of the glass seems to be guiding your
design. And a 2x6 base sounds like way overkill. Although I guess "if a
thing's worth doing, overdo it", can apply here, too. It being a
decorative hatbox, it shouldn't get handled too much, eh? Maybe use
some Lexan or acrylic? ), but maybe you could show off the dovetails a
little more by offsetting the base from the risers? That way, you could
go with a pinned or wedged mortise and through-tenon, or even another
dovetail shown centered in the facets of the base. Ooh, ooh, make it a
tesseract! Unless that offends your hatbox's hats' owner. : ) (That's
like, my 6th emoticon, ever. Please forgive my levity!) I'll look at it
when it appears in D.J.s' page. Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

P.S. 'Cause I'm computer illiterate. Let's see... "Oh, fruddled
Gruntbuggly, thy micturations are to me, as blurgled gabberblogits of a
lurgid bee!" I always rather liked that poem! See if I don't! Too bad,
I believe Mr. Adams had died before he could see his story on the big
screen. Or am I hopefully wrong? He could be at the restaurant. Tom

New Deck Ideas HotRod Home Repair 4 September 1st 05 09:07 AM
[?] Looking for ideas on how to 'deter' grey squirrels. David Chapman UK diy 35 April 13th 05 05:09 PM
joinery website Nicholas Woodworking 7 March 4th 05 10:17 PM
question on air compressors and Xmas gift ideas Kathleen Woodworking 2 November 25th 03 01:33 AM
question on air compressors and other xmas gift ideas Kathleen Woodworking 6 November 24th 03 07:26 PM