Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Robatoy

Default Ridgid belt sander.

Brothers and sisters in shavings, splinters and dust, I ask about the following:

A 3 x 21 inline belt sander just showed up at the local HD.
Looks nice...heavy...flush-sands.. 3 year warranty.
A free 1/4 sheet sander tossed in and....wait for it....a bag!

Turns out that I actually need a 1/4 sheet sander, the deal seems pretty good as
my 3x21 Porter Cable is starting to do it's motor-bearing thing again..and I'm
REALLY tired of fixing it.
I'm not prepared to invest in the fabulous 'choo-choo' PC sander at this point,
but it is clear that the Ridgid belt-sander designers have closely looked at the
'choo-choo' .

So... what do we know about this sander?