Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Alan Smithee

Default Re-cutting door frame hinge mortises

I'm doing a reno project and have many doors which need to be replaced or
fiddle with. I've been using the tried and true hammer and chisel to cut or
recut the existing hinge mortises on the frames. My question is: is there an
easier way to do this? Possibly with a laminate router or some jig that can
speed up the process. Cutting by hand works it's just time consuming. Mostly
I need a method that work on the frame not the door. The door is the easy
part, well a bit easier. Thx.