Lobby Dosser

Default Cutting Seqments for Turning

"Keith Young" wrote:

Hi

Has anybody come up with a simple mitre box for cutting peices for
seqmented boxes, bowls, etc.While jigs manufactured for cutting these
on table saws exist ( and there are plenty examples on the web ) most
of these are beyond my apprehension.! Guess i,m not patience enough to
print and study the diagrams. LAZY I guess! Seems someone should have
by now developed a circle. Angles could be inserted by placing the
cutting edge on pins and placeing them on on cutting edge. A simple
hand saw is all that maybe required. Simple formulas for HOW MANY
sides and length of each to obtain the diameter you wish.

Any suggestions
All woodturners are not mathimatical engineers,or want to be.The joy
is in the turning for me.

Sincerely
Keith Young
Newfoundland
Canada

e-mail

Search google for 'segmented software'. You'll find some reasonably
priced software that should help you.
Lobby Dosser

"Keith Young" wrote:

Thank You!

Keith

You're welcome. If you buy one of the packages, maybe you could post a
review?

LD