TDUP

For a cheap jig that works great check this out.
http://www.woodturns.com/articles/ji...miter_sled.htm

"Keith Young" wrote in message
Hi

Has anybody come up with a simple mitre box for cutting peices for
seqmented boxes, bowls, etc.While jigs manufactured for cutting these on
table saws exist ( and there are plenty examples on the web ) most of

these
are beyond my apprehension.! Guess i,m not patience enough to print and
study the diagrams. LAZY I guess! Seems someone should have by now

developed
a circle. Angles could be inserted by placing the cutting edge on pins and
placeing them on on cutting edge. A simple hand saw is all that maybe
required. Simple formulas for HOW MANY sides and length of each to obtain
the diameter you wish.

Any suggestions
All woodturners are not mathimatical engineers,or want to be.The joy is in
the turning for me.

Sincerely
Keith Young
Newfoundland