Toller

Default Kufo or Seco dust collectors; ever hear of them?

Someone locally has a NIB UFO-101DC. It isn't a whole lot less than a new
Delta; but sure looks pretty.
Every hear of the brand? I can't find a single one for sale on the web.

Wilson

My SECO shaper is great.
Wilson
"Toller" wrote in message
Someone locally has a NIB UFO-101DC. It isn't a whole lot less than a new
Delta; but sure looks pretty.
Every hear of the brand? I can't find a single one for sale on the web.

I was looking at a KUFO sliding table saw 6 weeks ago. A number of
people on forums responded hearing good things about KUFO dust
collectors.

But nobody had seen one of their saws, so I backed out. The machining
on the saw impressed me. And a few test cuts I made (rip and cross)
were accurate.

I guess I would take a gamble on dust collection. But with the long
service life of something like a table saw, I wanted more in the way of
customer support. I didn't want to be a "beta test" case for a $3000
purchase.

Gary Curtis
Los Angeles

Toller

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was looking at a KUFO sliding table saw 6 weeks ago. A number of
people on forums responded hearing good things about KUFO dust
collectors.

But nobody had seen one of their saws, so I backed out. The machining
on the saw impressed me. And a few test cuts I made (rip and cross)
were accurate.

I guess I would take a gamble on dust collection. But with the long
service life of something like a table saw, I wanted more in the way of
customer support. I didn't want to be a "beta test" case for a $3000
purchase.

Any idea what forums? I am a little leary of a plastic impeller, but I
guess if it is made out of the right plastic...
thanks

I believe it was on WoodNet and Sawmill Creek Forums that folks
mentioned having knowledge of the Seco dust collectors.

Sorry, I don't know anything about dc design. Their American HQ is
about 35 miles from me near Los Angeles Harbor. I believe Eagle Tools
in Glendale California sells their equipment. At least they have the
saw I looked at. Their telephone is 32399-2909

GC

Make that 323 999-2909

Toller

Thanks, I read through all the threads. Not terribly flattering, but okay.
Odd that I can't find a single reference to them on the internet, other than
their website.