Greg G.

Default Grizzly 1023 Motor Question

Just wondering, what brand of motor comes with the Grizzly 1023 saws?

And please, no conjecture - I can do that... ;-)

And what type of mount.
Is it a standard NEMA frame or is it a proprietary mounting design?

Thanks,

Greg G.
HMFIC-1369

7 different models and a web site where you can get the spec sheets and even
the Manuals Hmmm

did you try grizzly?

"Greg G." wrote in message

Just wondering, what brand of motor comes with the Grizzly 1023 saws?

And please, no conjecture - I can do that... ;-)

And what type of mount.
Is it a standard NEMA frame or is it a proprietary mounting design?

Thanks,

Greg G.

Javier Henderson

Greg G. wrote:
Just wondering, what brand of motor comes with the Grizzly 1023 saws?

And please, no conjecture - I can do that... ;-)

And what type of mount.
Is it a standard NEMA frame or is it a proprietary mounting design?

It is, on my 1023SL.

No idea on the brand. I'll try to remember tonight and have a look when
I get home.

-jav
Jody

HMFIC-1369 wrote:
7 different models and a web site where you can get the spec sheets and even
the Manuals Hmmm

did you try grizzly?

Don't be such an ass Hmmm unless you can decipher what a P1023056 Motor
3HP 220V is. I know I would ask the same damn question if I wanted to
know because it's NOT in the specs or even the Manual.
Greg G.

"HMFIC-1369" Baa said:

7 different models and a web site where you can get the spec sheets and even
the Manuals Hmmm

did you try grizzly?

I didn't call them to ask, I don't have much faith in telephone
answerers as vendors of valid information - but I have downloaded the
parts book.

They do not specify physical properties on the motor, only their part
number.

Greg G.

HMFIC-1369

Ass? what Are you a dick in search of one? are you that ignorant to NOT
think that perhaps the manufacturer changes vendors over time and might not
be using the same motor or even change the design in phase? that Joe saw
purchased a few years back just might not be THE SAME EXACT SAW?????. Are
you really that stupid that you can't call Grizzly and ask them.... They
will go and look you know! You can even email them!

So don't be suck a dick and assume I'm an ass. The Best people to go to
regarding specs of Grizzly products is Grizzly. How stupid can you really
be????

"Jody" wrote in message
HMFIC-1369 wrote:
7 different models and a web site where you can get the spec sheets and

even
the Manuals Hmmm

did you try grizzly?

Don't be such an ass Hmmm unless you can decipher what a P1023056 Motor
3HP 220V is. I know I would ask the same damn question if I wanted to
know because it's NOT in the specs or even the Manual.

Dave Hinz

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 20:59:10 GMT, HMFIC-1369 wrote:

So don't be suck a dick and assume I'm an ass. The Best people to go to
regarding specs of Grizzly products is Grizzly. How stupid can you really
be????

Nobody has to assume it, the evidence is here for all to see.
plonk

HMFIC-1369

Really I was busting your chops, but to make a point..... Grizzly and
everybody else over time and manufacturing will change vendors and designs.
The saw Joe bought may not be the exact saw you will buy. If you need an
exact answer only Grizzly would have it.

As for their CS it can be difficult, I had problems regarding the specs on
their sliding router table. THEY did NOT give me the correct answer so don't
waste you time with the them (Customer Service). Go directly to the Sales
Department and they will!

Every tool and machine I have purchased from Grizzly works great! I haven't
been disappointed..... yet!

"Greg G." wrote in message
"HMFIC-1369" Baa said:

7 different models and a web site where you can get the spec sheets and

even
the Manuals Hmmm

did you try grizzly?

I didn't call them to ask, I don't have much faith in telephone
answerers as vendors of valid information - but I have downloaded the
parts book.

They do not specify physical properties on the motor, only their part
number.

Greg G.

HMFIC-1369

Yeah **** that dribbles from the mouth of a troll.......... another
dumb****!

Notice Troll, that you had nothing of value to add, so maybe if you dicked
Judy more often. She wouldn't be looking for ass elsewhere!

wrote:

So don't be suck a dick and assume I'm an ass. The Best people to go to
regarding specs of Grizzly products is Grizzly. How stupid can you

really
be????

Nobody has to assume it, the evidence is here for all to see.
plonk

199.45.49.11

So Jody of the 7 Different models Grizzly 1023's. Are we talking about
220VSP or 110VSP or 3 Phase? Model S,S110,SL,Z,ZX3 or maybe SLX?

Your ass is showing kid!

"Jody" wrote in message
HMFIC-1369 wrote:
7 different models and a web site where you can get the spec sheets and

even
the Manuals Hmmm

did you try grizzly?

Don't be such an ass Hmmm unless you can decipher what a P1023056 Motor
3HP 220V is. I know I would ask the same damn question if I wanted to
know because it's NOT in the specs or even the Manual.

Edwin Pawlowski

"HMFIC-1369" Baa wrote in message
Really I was busting your chops, but to make a point..... Grizzly and
everybody else over time and manufacturing will change vendors and
designs.
The saw Joe bought may not be the exact saw you will buy. If you need an
exact answer only Grizzly would have it.

But most will stick with the same motor standards as they are
interchangeable from vendor to vendor. It may be a 56 frame or a 143T, etc.
If you know that, then you can be assured of a motor from many sources, not
a proprietary one. Grizzly, OTOH, does not want you to know that because
they make a profit selling replacement parts.

I think it is a valid question.

HMFIC-1369

Any question is a good question only if you ask it to the right people.
There are 7 different models

"So Jody of the 7 Different models Grizzly 1023's. Are we talking about
220VSP or 110VSP or 3 Phase? Model S,S110,SL,Z,ZX3 or maybe SLX?"

and you are making an assumption about the motors if you need to know ONLY
the manufacturer would have the correct and current information. Grizzly as
everybody else is in the business to sell you replacement parts. Online Joe
Internet could be full of **** suppose you believe his false information and
act on it???

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"HMFIC-1369" Baa wrote in message
Really I was busting your chops, but to make a point..... Grizzly and
everybody else over time and manufacturing will change vendors and
designs.
The saw Joe bought may not be the exact saw you will buy. If you need an
exact answer only Grizzly would have it.

But most will stick with the same motor standards as they are
interchangeable from vendor to vendor. It may be a 56 frame or a 143T,

etc.
If you know that, then you can be assured of a motor from many sources,

not
a proprietary one. Grizzly, OTOH, does not want you to know that because
they make a profit selling replacement parts.

I think it is a valid question.

Greg G.

Edwin Pawlowski said:

"HMFIC-1369" Baa wrote in message
Really I was busting your chops, but to make a point..... Grizzly and
everybody else over time and manufacturing will change vendors and
designs.
The saw Joe bought may not be the exact saw you will buy. If you need an
exact answer only Grizzly would have it.

But most will stick with the same motor standards as they are
interchangeable from vendor to vendor. It may be a 56 frame or a 143T, etc.
If you know that, then you can be assured of a motor from many sources, not
a proprietary one. Grizzly, OTOH, does not want you to know that because
they make a profit selling replacement parts.

Exactly. They aren't likely to alter production parts in mid-stream.
The castings of the saw, the brackets, etc. And they wouldn't be able
to change motor vendors easily if there were a custom frame.

I think it is a valid question.

:-)

Greg G.
Greg G.

"HMFIC-1369" Baa said:

Online Joe Internet could be full of **** suppose you believe his
false information and act on it???

Most of the denizens of this group are REAL, sincere people.
It also tends to be a 'family' forum.
They do not willingly give out false information.
A general consensus would be required for me to act upon it.
I'm a grown up, I can determine the value of any information presented
for myself. But here, as in life, the number of trolls is increasing.

Greg G.
wood addict

Did anyone think of looking at the motor spec. plate on the motor it self?
That is the usual place to find the wanted info.

Just a thought,
Dave

Greg G.

wood addict said:

Did anyone think of looking at the motor spec. plate on the motor it self?
That is the usual place to find the wanted info.

Hmmm... Yes, I believe that is the information I asked about...
Unfortunately, I don't have one to look at.

I want to know, as a prospective purchaser, if it uses a standard NEMA
frame, and what brand of motor came with _current owner's_ saws.

I need to know this because motors fail and down the road, I may need
another one - or possibly upgrade. I like to have choices, not just
be forced to buy what the manufacturer, if he is still in business, is
selling.

Is everyone clear on this now? Show of hands... ;-)

Greg G.
wood addict

Yes they are standard frame USA made motors that Grizzly ships to Taiwan

wood addict

Ignore my last post!! I just went and checked the plate on my 1023SL and it
has a tiewawna motor My friends has a made in USA (mine is a year old ) and
his is 3 years MMMM crow tastes good !!!!

Patrick Conroy

"HMFIC-1369" Baa wrote in

Judy more often.

Who's Judy?

Greg G.

wood addict said:

Yes they are standard frame USA made motors that Grizzly ships to Taiwan

Or most likely installs upon arrival in the States.
And you know this because... you own one?

Thanks,

Greg G.
Greg G.

wood addict said:

Ignore my last post!! I just went and checked the plate on my 1023SL and it
has a tiewawna motor My friends has a made in USA (mine is a year old ) and
his is 3 years MMMM crow tastes good !!!!

That's OK - at least you looked!
And at least they're not putting Chinese motors on them - yet...

Greg G.
Greg G.

Greg G. said:

I want to know, as a prospective purchaser, if it uses a standard NEMA
frame, and what brand of motor came with _current owner's_ saws.

I need to know this because motors fail and down the road, I may need
another one - or possibly upgrade. I like to have choices, not just
be forced to buy what the manufacturer, if he is still in business, is
selling.

Is everyone clear on this now? Show of hands... ;-)

I'm also an idiot. I could have sworn I put the complete model number
in the text of my post...

That would be 1023SL or 1023SLX - same machine/different accessories.
Left tilt 10" cabinet saw.

Oops,

Greg G.

Greg G. Wrote:

Is everyone clear on this now? Show of hands... ;-)

Greg G.

Me! Me! Me! Pick me Greg!

Following along with the rest of your posts, I am sensing the Delta is
going away. Good for you. You bought a refurbished saw, not a saw you
need to refurbish.

You can Google away here on this group for that particular model of
saw, and I don't recall (that doesn't mean it didn't happen) anyone
being unhappy with their purchase.
Lots of folks have these saws, and lots of folks here can help you with
set up and tune up advice should you need it. There used to be a guy
that kept a webpage that was dedicated to setup and assembly of his
Grizz (model unknown) saw that was really complete with instructions
and pics.

Regardless of your ability to make the saw you purchased "right",
should you really have to rebuild anything that you spent that much
money for? I mean really, you are supposed to MAKE projects with your
new saw, not have your new saw as your project.

Adios old grey, says I.

Robert

Greg G.

said:

Greg G. Wrote:

Is everyone clear on this now? Show of hands... ;-)

Me! Me! Me! Pick me Greg!

OK - uhhh... There, You - Robert...

Following along with the rest of your posts, I am sensing the Delta is
going away. Good for you. You bought a refurbished saw, not a saw you
need to refurbish.

I finally came to that conclusion.

You can Google away here on this group for that particular model of
saw, and I don't recall (that doesn't mean it didn't happen) anyone
being unhappy with their purchase.

I have, both before and after my attempted purchase.

Regardless of your ability to make the saw you purchased "right",
should you really have to rebuild anything that you spent that much
money for? I mean really, you are supposed to MAKE projects with your
new saw, not have your new saw as your project.

Again, I finally came to that conclusion. And it's not like I
couldn't have fixed it in a reasonably short period of time, but that
wasn't the point. I want THEM to make it right - the first time.
The Take It or Leave It attitude peeved me to no end, and they are
darned lucky no one got hurt by that abortion.

The older gent that came to pick up the saw has probably worked at
this dealer since he was 18 years old. He called them "adequate". He
seemed to think that the Generals were the favorite of his customers,
but I can't quite justify that kind of price tag. I was squeamish
about buying THIS one, but figured that in 20 years, hey, maybe it
might be worth more than a trip to the dump - It didn't make it out of
the box. :-\

Greg G.