J T

Default KNIFE

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1727161

Couple of days ago I saw a thread with some guy wanting to know
what he could do with old saw blades. If he needs to be told what to do
with them, he'll probably need instructions too.

JOAT
If it ain't broke, don't lend it.
- Red Green

Jack

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1727161

Couple of days ago I saw a thread with some guy wanting to know
what he could do with old saw blades. If he needs to be told what to do
with them, he'll probably need instructions too.

JOAT
If it ain't broke, don't lend it.
- Red Green

Thanks JT, that was me. At first I wasn't sure what other people do with the
old blades other than clocks or chucking it in the trash bin. Making knives,
cool! Drilling holes looks like a lot of work, a plasma cutter (future
purchase) looks pretty good right now if I don't need to grind too much back
to hard steel or learn how to heat treat.

mac davis

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 06:38:27 -0800, "Jack" wrote:

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1727161

Couple of days ago I saw a thread with some guy wanting to know
what he could do with old saw blades. If he needs to be told what to do
with them, he'll probably need instructions too.

JOAT
If it ain't broke, don't lend it.
- Red Green

Thanks JT, that was me. At first I wasn't sure what other people do with the
old blades other than clocks or chucking it in the trash bin. Making knives,
cool! Drilling holes looks like a lot of work, a plasma cutter (future
purchase) looks pretty good right now if I don't need to grind too much back
to hard steel or learn how to heat treat.

my wife used to run a saw sharpening shop out of the house... she took 3 skill
saw blades, painted them the color of the house trim, stuck them on the front of
the garage and put brass address numbers on them..

I think they're kind of tacky, but we've had several positive comments about how
easy our house is to find..lol

(couldn't have anything to do with the pile of turning blanks and logs that line
the driveway)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Jointer Knife Life Mike Pio Woodworking 15 October 19th 05 06:34 AM
Riving knife for Unisaw Eric Anderson Woodworking 8 November 18th 04 01:06 PM
Window Glazing Jay Pique Woodworking 21 December 8th 03 07:12 PM
Japanese saw blade for knife blank? Bruce C. Metalworking 5 September 12th 03 05:31 AM