Default Walnut Birdhouses OT

After being inspired to a higher moral calling by all the insightful
dialog on the war in Iraq. I have decided to donate my time and a
portion of my much talked about and beloved 1000bf of walnut to
helping resolve the issue of homeless pigeons. Not being fond of
cookie cut tract housing I intend to do nothing but custom builds.
I'm in need of birdhouse plans. Lots of them. So please post your
plans. Keep in mind that a pigeon is a big bird.
Lets see if we can get back to woodworking while still serving the
greater good.

Ed

"Pigeons are birds too"

"Pigeons are birds too"

Pigeons? You got something against statues?

I think pigeons are open roosting birds, anyway, though I'm not
positive. I'm no longer a city boy, so I don't see many of them.

As an incidental point, walnut is a pretty good wood for birdhouses.
It's reasonably durable, and not nearly as hard on animal and plant
life as a lot of people think. I stuck a few walnut boards on my shop
as siding (board and batten). It seems fine almost 10 years into the
life of the place.

In Arizona they live under every bridge. I'm sure it will raise the
hair of the PETA members of the group but I have been trapping and
using them to train my setters for years.
Don't hunt anymore, age and stupidity caught up with me. I love to
take the dogs out and watch them work.

Ed

See if you can line up a good management company to run the pHOA. They'll
be tasked with making sure no Sparrows or Jays are allowed in the
neighborhood.

"PHOA"
LMAO
Out here you can't fly the US Flag without fear of the HOA knocking
on the door.
Homes where you can change the plugs on the car sell for a premium.
Richard

B a r r y wrote:
wrote:

"Pigeons are birds too"

They aren't rats? Are you sure?

FLYING RATS !!!!!!

--

Richard,

Richard L. Rombold
WIZARD WOODWORKING
489 N. 32nd. St.
Springfield, Or .97478

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gallery/...ername=thewizz

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
good with ketchup"

George

"Richard" wrote in message
B a r r y wrote:
wrote:

"Pigeons are birds too"

They aren't rats? Are you sure?

FLYING RATS !!!!!!

That would be gulls.

Ed Miskey

"PHOA"
LMAO
Out here you can't fly the US Flag without fear of the HOA knocking
on the door.
Homes where you can change the plugs on the car sell for a premium.

Tell me about it - them bastages asked me to move the car off the cinder
blocks and get my washer n dryer off the porch!

When they made my neighbor quit sunbathing nude, I had enough. They
were wringing the fun out of life.
If a 400lb man can't sunbath nude in the front yard, well I just
don't want live in a community like that.
So I sold the place and bought a few acres, stuck a trailer out front
of house. I'm renting it to him.
Life is good. :-)
Ed
william kossack

nope gulls are rats of the sea

George wrote:
"Richard" wrote in message

B a r r y wrote:

wrote:

"Pigeons are birds too"

They aren't rats? Are you sure?

FLYING RATS !!!!!!

That would be gulls.

George

"william kossack" wrote in message
nope gulls are rats of the sea

Up in the parks they have big "don't feed the gulls" signs, because they get
bold enough to land on the table and run in for a nip off the end of your
fork.

We're about thirty miles inland, as the gull flies, but you can't plow a
field or cut hay without them descending on it in droves. I think they're
going to give ravens a run for roadkill soon.

Wonder if they're adapting and evolving?

Edwin Pawlowski

George wrote:

Wonder if they're adapting and evolving?

Would that mean they were part of an intelligent design?

--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

william kossack

"And the gulls will inherit the earth"!;-)

not knowing about how common they were inland say 100 years ago they
could either be moving inland to fill niches abandoned by other spieces
that have been depopulated or they may be forced inland as a result of
habitat loss along the coast lines.

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
George wrote:

Wonder if they're adapting and evolving?

Would that mean they were part of an intelligent design?

Mark & Juanita

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 08:34:37 -0400, "George" George@least wrote:

"william kossack" wrote in message
nope gulls are rats of the sea

Up in the parks they have big "don't feed the gulls" signs, because they get
bold enough to land on the table and run in for a nip off the end of your
fork.

We're about thirty miles inland, as the gull flies, but you can't plow a
field or cut hay without them descending on it in droves. I think they're
going to give ravens a run for roadkill soon.

Wonder if they're adapting and evolving?

We had gulls all the way up in Colorado (this was back in the 60's).
They were actually quite welcome, particularly in the hay fields as they
would descend in flocks and clean up the grasshoppers. I don't know enough
about the species to know if they were migratory or some other type of gull
associated with inland fresh water bodies.

George

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

We had gulls all the way up in Colorado (this was back in the 60's).
They were actually quite welcome, particularly in the hay fields as they
would descend in flocks and clean up the grasshoppers. I don't know
enough
about the species to know if they were migratory or some other type of
gull
associated with inland fresh water bodies.

Of course, the Gull is well-honored up in Utah for saving the Mormon
settlers.

In truth, what it seems we have is a creature with the adaptability of the
rat, and the same hygiene. I'd rather feed the cranes and turkeys than
gulls, though there never seems a shortage of crawlies for any of them in a
hayfield.