Rumpty

Default Pneumatic Random Orbital Sanders

I just tried out a EKASAND Pneumatic Random Orbital Sander in my shop and
it seems to perform well. I'm a bit concerned a bit about lubricating oil
being deposited on the woodwork during use. I've always used electric
Random Orbital Sanders before. Anyone have long term experience using a
Pneumatic Random Orbital Sanders and it's effect on wood and finish?

http://www.uneeda.com/products/accessories_content.html

R.

Dave Hall

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:15:52 -0400, "Rumpty" wrote:

I just tried out a EKASAND Pneumatic Random Orbital Sander in my shop and
it seems to perform well. I'm a bit concerned a bit about lubricating oil
being deposited on the woodwork during use. I've always used electric
Random Orbital Sanders before. Anyone have long term experience using a
Pneumatic Random Orbital Sanders and it's effect on wood and finish?

http://www.uneeda.com/products/accessories_content.html

R.

I have had one for a few years (Craftsman Professional). I use it off
and on but have never had any oil issues. However, these things use
some serious air and my compreesor has never been able to keep up
enough to make use of this tool worthwhile. I kind of like the feel of
the tool, but it is no better than the electrics in actual results.

Dave Hall
Rumpty

Hi Dave,

I bought the Ekasand because is was supposed to operate on 1/2 the CFM of
most pneumatic's. I have a 5 HP Granger compressor and it seems to handle
it OK.

R.

"Dave Hall" wrote in message
[...]

Dave Hall

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:46:19 -0400, "Rumpty" wrote:

Hi Dave,

I bought the Ekasand because is was supposed to operate on 1/2 the CFM of
most pneumatic's. I have a 5 HP Granger compressor and it seems to handle
it OK.

R.

If that is a real 5HP compressor and you only use 1/2 the air you
should enjoy that sander. My compressor is Craftsman's 5 HP - which
means its about 1/2 HP - and with 30 gallon it just runs and runs and
still can't keep up for more than a few minutes of actual sanding. I
have never had an oil issue though, so I would think you should be
fine.

Dave Hall
.. .