Peter Bogiatzidis

Default OT? Harbor Freight DC on sale

Hello,

In my effort to learn about dust collection, I noticed that Harbor Freight
has their 2 HP dust collector on sale for $159 and thought that others in
the group might be interested. As I recall, I don't believe that it usually
sells for $249 as shown, but more along the lines of $200. I'm sure that
others here can verify whether or not this is indeed the one that has been
recommended in the past.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=45378

From what I've read, it has been stated that by using a cyclone in
conjunction with the DC that you may never need to empty the DC's bags.

Hope that this helps for those who are looking for a DC.

Peter.

Toller

"Peter Bogiatzidis" wrote in message
Hello,

In my effort to learn about dust collection, I noticed that Harbor Freight
has their 2 HP dust collector on sale for $159 and thought that others in
the group might be interested. As I recall, I don't believe that it
usually sells for $249 as shown, but more along the lines of $200. I'm
sure that others here can verify whether or not this is indeed the one
that has been recommended in the past.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=45378

From what I've read, it has been stated that by using a cyclone in
conjunction with the DC that you may never need to empty the DC's bags.

Hope that this helps for those who are looking for a DC.

Peter.

Its on sale about a third of the time.

mac davis

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:17:22 GMT, "Peter Bogiatzidis" wrote:

Hello,

In my effort to learn about dust collection, I noticed that Harbor Freight
has their 2 HP dust collector on sale for $159 and thought that others in
the group might be interested. As I recall, I don't believe that it usually
sells for $249 as shown, but more along the lines of $200. I'm sure that
others here can verify whether or not this is indeed the one that has been
recommended in the past.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=45378

From what I've read, it has been stated that by using a cyclone in
conjunction with the DC that you may never need to empty the DC's bags.

Hope that this helps for those who are looking for a DC.

Peter.

$159 is what I consider the "real" price.. I have that unit and would recommend
it..

Look for a recent sale flyer, it has a 20% off coupon on it... use the $30 you
save to reduce the cost of their DC accessory kit to about $10...

I researched here for weeks and almost bought a more expensive unit that was 1
micron... I'm glad that I didn't!
I can use the DC for fine sanding on the lathe and watch the upper bag in the
sun from the window and never see dust... I figure that if it's too small to
see, and my air filter doesn't get it, then I'll breath it until it kills me..

If you google this NG, several folks have posted regarding upgrading the HF Dc
with filters..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
arw01

I upgraded mine immediately when it arrived. Didn't even assemble it
until the cartridge arrived. When cutting with the TS I can tell
immediately if I don't have it hooked up. The amount of chips thrown
forward on edge cuts is reduced substantially, and the amount of dust
in the are right after any tablesaw cut is radically less.

I have used mine with a 5" wye instead of the 4" it comes with, and
that wye has integrated blast gates. On them I have 2 5"x10' flexible
hoses, one with a 4" reducer color, and the other with a second tapered
5" blast gate. The 4" reducer fits my DW735 perfectly, and I just
stuff my 2.5" hose into it a few feet when vacumning around the shop or
using it on the router fence.

Photos he

http://www.webbyhome.com:8080/ia5/ph...ollector_1.jpg

http://www.webbyhome.com:8080/ia5/ph...ollector_4.jpg