Jack Casuso

Default Silverware chest -- help needed

I know there are a lot of talented people in this newsgroup and hope that at
least one can help me. I am about to start a silverware chest. Have worked
out the design I want and located a source for treated felt but have no idea
how to line it around the actual silverware holders. Has anyone made/lined
one before? Thanks.

Howard

I completed a silverware chest for my new daughter in law last winter.
The felt is tucked down into each slot in the silver holder and then
the faces are "pleated" into place. I fastened it all underneath the
slotted holder with hot glue before mounting the holder in the chest.
No cutting or slitting of the felt is done, just pleating the fabric on
the sides to take up the excess.

Howard

BobS

May want to try some flocking on areas that would be difficult to cover with
felt. Something I've seen done but never had a need to try myself is to
steam form the felt (as in hat making). I saw it being done while living in
Montana at a gun shop - the gunsmith also made custom cases.

Bob S.

"Jack Casuso" wrote in message
I know there are a lot of talented people in this newsgroup and hope that
at
least one can help me. I am about to start a silverware chest. Have
worked
out the design I want and located a source for treated felt but have no
idea
how to line it around the actual silverware holders. Has anyone
made/lined
one before? Thanks.

Windows replacing: needed scaffolding? Gianfra UK diy 9 May 3rd 13 04:39 AM
Part needed: Kenwood Car Radio KDC-MP625 part needed Klem Electronics Repair 1 September 28th 05 04:27 AM
SIX PLANK HOPE CHEST J T Woodworking 6 January 30th 05 09:16 PM
NEW ENGLAND PINE BLANKET CHEST J T Woodworking 4 January 8th 05 03:09 PM