Tim Douglass

Default Veneer question

I recently came by over 150 sq. feet of burl veneer very
inexpensively. I've never worked with veneer before and was wondering
if there is a good book or something on the subject of working with it
that might make the process a bit simpler. At this point I don't even
know what glue to use and what might be the appropriate way of dealing
with some small voids in the burl.

I also haven't actually planned any project to use this stuff, it was
just too good a deal to pass up.

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com
dadiOH

Tim Douglass wrote:
I recently came by over 150 sq. feet of burl veneer very
inexpensively. I've never worked with veneer before and was wondering
if there is a good book or something on the subject of working with it
that might make the process a bit simpler. At this point I don't even
know what glue to use and what might be the appropriate way of dealing
with some small voids in the burl.

Constantine's has books, materials, etc.
http://www.constantines.com/

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

JGS

Hi Tim,
Joe has lots of good info. See articles for the type of glue. Cheers, JG

http://www.joewoodworker.com/

dadiOH wrote:

Tim Douglass wrote:
I recently came by over 150 sq. feet of burl veneer very
inexpensively. I've never worked with veneer before and was wondering
if there is a good book or something on the subject of working with it
that might make the process a bit simpler. At this point I don't even
know what glue to use and what might be the appropriate way of dealing
with some small voids in the burl.

Constantine's has books, materials, etc.
http://www.constantines.com/

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Yep on JoeWoodworker. I recently ordered materials for pump, bag etc.
from Joe. Completed pump build in a weekend. I have pressed 4 or 5
panels so far following the articles on his site and everything has
worked perfectly. Its now one of my favorite tools.
Joe

Tim Douglass

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 05:21:32 -0400, JGS
wrote:

Hi Tim,
Joe has lots of good info. See articles for the type of glue. Cheers, JG

Good info, thanks. Vacuum veneering is probably off in the future
somewhere, if ever, but I can think of a couple of projects where it
would be ideal. Meanwhile it is hammer and roller time.

thanks to all for their input.