Default Did lots of machining this weekend *w/pics*

David F. Eisan wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I got lots of machining done this weekend. In my never ending kitchen
project, I started on 14 more doors.

Planed a lot of hard maple,

psssssst David, they have this new thing called a "chip collector".
I'm sure that in your numerous travels for .02 per board foot for Cuban
Mahogany, you may have heard of it...

Nice work. I'm hoping to get into the shop sometime in the next month
or two and finish up the office wainscoting that's going on 16 months
now. Kids certainly do cut into woodworking time...

David F. Eisan

Hello Everyone,

I got lots of machining done this weekend. In my never ending kitchen
project, I started on 14 more doors.

Planed a lot of hard maple,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...nerrunning.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...sofplaning.jpg

Here are what will be the panels for the doors in lots of yuppie clamps,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/yuppieclamps.jpg

I really like how the DeWALT sliding table works on my Unisaw, made cutting
the panels to length a snap,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...tingpanels.jpg

With the power feeder on the router table raising the panels was quite easy.
My hand fed panels were no where near as smooth as these panels,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/raisingpanel.jpg

One of these days I need to make a mitre saw stand with a fence to make
repeated cuts. I measured each one and cut it on the Hitachi SCMS, the laser
made it easy,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...ngtolength.jpg

I really like the sliding mitre attached to the fence on the Jess'em router
table. The cope cuts were safe and easy,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/copecut.jpg

Here are all the parts milled,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/lotsofparts.jpg

I hope to glue the 14 doors together this week.

David.

David F. Eisan

I got lots of machining done this weekend. In my never ending kitchen
project, I started on 14 more doors.

Planed a lot of hard maple,

psssssst David, they have this new thing called a "chip collector".
I'm sure that in your numerous travels for .02 per board foot for Cuban
Mahogany, you may have heard of it...

Ya, ya, it is easier to shovel four bags of shavings off the floor than to
change the DC bag four times. The weather has been nice, so I left the
garage door open and let the dust fly...

Nice work. I'm hoping to get into the shop sometime in the next month
or two and finish up the office wainscoting that's going on 16 months
now. Kids certainly do cut into woodworking time...

How are the two kids?

Bought any more vintage machines to restore?

My shop is still at my folks place and I cannot setup my shop where I am
living. I hope to buy a bigger house with either a large basement or garage
in a few years. I will never have to deal with young kids, but I have
inherited a 16 year old who is a hand full.

David.

ROYNEU

David,

What did you buy that dust collector for? I know it has DUST in the
name but it can be used for chips too!!!

And, David anybody can cut big pieces of wood into smaller pieces of
wood. With or without yuppy clamps.

Roy

David F. Eisan wrote:
I got lots of machining done this weekend. In my never ending kitchen
project, I started on 14 more doors.

Planed a lot of hard maple,

psssssst David, they have this new thing called a "chip collector".
I'm sure that in your numerous travels for .02 per board foot for Cuban
Mahogany, you may have heard of it...

Ya, ya, it is easier to shovel four bags of shavings off the floor than to
change the DC bag four times. The weather has been nice, so I left the
garage door open and let the dust fly...

Nice work. I'm hoping to get into the shop sometime in the next month
or two and finish up the office wainscoting that's going on 16 months
now. Kids certainly do cut into woodworking time...

How are the two kids?

Doing fine - thanks.

Bought any more vintage machines to restore?

Nope - just sold the Red Star RAS - needed the space and it wasn't
pulling its weight.

My shop is still at my folks place and I cannot setup my shop where I am
living. I hope to buy a bigger house with either a large basement or garage
in a few years. I will never have to deal with young kids, but I have
inherited a 16 year old who is a hand full.

David.

Good luck with both. At least we'll get to ease into the age thing.
I've pretty much given up on parking my car in the garage. Between the
toys, bikes, the shop and my wife's van, it's not worth it. She takes
about a foot of my space and I'm just spreading out the shop using the
rest of the bay. A buddy here at work and I are going to start a side
business making mantles, bookcases, window seats, arbors, pergolas,
etc. for a planned community that's going up nearby.