David Sizemore

Default Honolulu tool stores

Can anyone tell me if there is a decent store in Honolulu OTHER THAN
Woodcraft?
Getting on a plane tomorrow, and after the compulsory Woodcraft
stop-and WalMart(gotta go to wally world--absence makes the heart grow
fonder), I need to find out if there is a place that has affordable WW
products.

B a r r y

David Sizemore wrote:
WalMart(gotta go to wally world--absence makes the heart grow
fonder)

You _miss_ Wal-Mart?

Where I am, many residents would like to burn them down. G

B a r r y

Hedley wrote:
I used to travel a bit, and after a few months out of the US, I'd thinka
trip to Wal-Mart was like a trip to Disney Land.

I've also traveled plenty, which is precisely why I never miss Wal-Mart.

Stuff I can't imagine missing: crappy Chinese hardware & tools, edited
videos and CD's, "Ameriwood" furniture...

But then again, I don't go to Disney on vacation, either.
George Max

"B a r r y" wrote in message
David Sizemore wrote:
WalMart(gotta go to wally world--absence makes the heart grow
fonder)

You _miss_ Wal-Mart?

Where I am, many residents would like to burn them down. G

A trip to Walmart equated with a trip to Disneyland/world. Gimme a
break.

I'm proud to say I *never* go to Walmart. I know, that puts me in a
tiny minority, but fortunately the place I live has numerous other
options to patronize for what I need or want.

dadiOH

David Sizemore wrote:
Can anyone tell me if there is a decent store in Honolulu OTHER THAN
Woodcraft?
Getting on a plane tomorrow, and after the compulsory Woodcraft
stop-and WalMart(gotta go to wally world--absence makes the heart grow
fonder), I need to find out if there is a place that has affordable WW
products.

There is/used to be a store on Beretania between Kalakaua and McCully.
Makai (ocean) side of the street, can't recall the name but check the
telephone book there.

Depending on what sort of products you want, there is also City Mill on
Nimitz H'wy in Iwilei near downtown. They are more lumber and general
handtools.

If you want koa lumber, look up Saunder's Lumber.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

_firstname_@lr_dot_los-gatos_dot_ca.us

In article .com,
David Sizemore wrote:
Can anyone tell me if there is a decent store in Honolulu OTHER THAN
Woodcraft?

This information is about 10 years old. I don't think the situation
has changed drastically.

You MUST go to Kilgo's (on Sand Island Access Road, at the ewa end of
the harbor, diamond head of the airport and ewa of downtown, makai of
the freeway). It has a pretty good selection of woodworking tools and
machines. And it has an unbelievably great selection of marine
hardware, and of everything else.

BTW, if you don't understand the directions in parentheses above, you
will have a hard time navigating around Honolulu.

--
The address in the header is invalid for obvious reasons. Please
reconstruct the address from the information below (look for _).
David Sizemore

BTW, if you don't understand the directions in parentheses above, you
will have a hard time navigating around Honolulu.

As far as the above patronizing comment, I don't need to know what the
pukka-pukka side of the road is, or the kumoniwannalaya end of the
island, for that matter.

I'll take my (albeit limited) experience of the island, filter that
thru Mapquest, and get almost anywhere I need to be.

I'm just rolling with the punches....after knowledge of an INTERSTATE
highway on an island(can't even have an intrastate hwy without a lot of
bridges), I can deal with just about anything King K's atoll has.

Mahalo nonetheless

John Thomas

"David Sizemore" wrote in
oups.com:

Can anyone tell me if there is a decent store in Honolulu OTHER THAN
Woodcraft?
Getting on a plane tomorrow, and after the compulsory Woodcraft

Nice drive-by!

Can't help, other than that ...

--
Regards,

JT
Speaking only for myself....

Tool Definitions Tom Metalworking 1 October 6th 05 05:25 AM
Tool Guide Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 5 April 14th 05 05:39 PM
Tool Guide Joe AutoDrill Woodworking 4 April 13th 05 02:50 AM
Leatherman Tool Henry E Schaffer Woodworking 13 August 27th 03 06:17 AM