J T

Default Tested My New Miter Saw This Evening

Unpacked and put together an old Craftsman miter saw I'd bought
awhile back. It's probably at least 20 years old, and looks like it's
only been used a few times. Don't know who made the saw, but it's
definitely good quality. It had all been taken apart to ship, and took
a couple of minutes to figure how it all went together. Paid something
under $20 for it, including shipping. Hehehe Got it on eBay. EBay
"does" have bargains, IF you're careful, especially if you watch what
they want for shipping (you ought to see the two eggbeater drills I got
on eBay). Anyway, this is accurate, smooth operating, and the saw
leaves a cut about as smooth as a carbide table saw blade would. Not
really a gloat, but definitely a warm fuzzy. Norm would not understand,
but Roy would.

JOAT
The Truth Shall Set Ye Frea

Edwin Pawlowski

"J T" wrote in message
Unpacked and put together an old Craftsman miter saw I'd bought
awhile back. It's probably at least 20 years old, and looks like it's
only been used a few times. Don't know who made the saw, but it's
definitely good quality. It had all been taken apart to ship, and took
a couple of minutes to figure how it all went together. Paid something
under $20 for it, including shipping. Hehehe

Damn, now we don't know what you get you for Christmas. Sure can't be that
price.

Swingman

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"J T" wrote in message

Unpacked and put together an old Craftsman miter saw I'd bought
awhile back. It's probably at least 20 years old, and looks like it's
only been used a few times. Don't know who made the saw, but it's
definitely good quality. It had all been taken apart to ship, and took
a couple of minutes to figure how it all went together. Paid something
under $20 for it, including shipping. Hehehe

Damn, now we don't know what you get you for Christmas. Sure can't be

that
price.

The big question is what color it gets painted.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/17/05

Patrick Conroy

"Swingman" wrote in
:

The big question is what color it gets painted.

I thought Krylon had named their Yellow Paint after him: "Old (JOAT)
Yeller".

NorthIdahoWWer

I was just thinking the other day about reading a post on here 5 years ago
where someone was talking about painting all their tools yellow... something
about the calming effect or some such. I was wondering who that was... now
I know! ha

Lee Michaels

"NorthIdahoWWer" wrote in message
I was just thinking the other day about reading a post on here 5 years ago
where someone was talking about painting all their tools yellow...
something
about the calming effect or some such. I was wondering who that was...
now

I knew of some women electricians and carpenters who painted all their tools
pink. This was to stop the guys from stealing them as some kind of
initiation thing. Since these macho types would not be caught dead with a
pink tool, they did not have to deal with this sort of thing any more.

Swingman

"J T" wrote in message
Mon, Oct 3, 2005, 5:11am (EDT-1) Swingman) thankfully
said:
The big question is what color it gets painted.

Damn. The thing looks so pretty, I'd never even thought about
painting it. Thanks for reminding me. How do you feel about yellow?

Ackshully, I prefer pastel or earth tones, they go better with that stuff
that hits the fan around here ... but suit yourself.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/17/05

Dave Balderstone

In article , J T
wrote:

Not quite. Used a miter box once. Once. My rig is definitely not
motorized, and looks vaguely like this, except mine's an older version.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Craftsman-Hand-M...408485228QQcat
egoryZ20768QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've got one quite similar that I picked up for $20 CAD a few years ago
when the Canuck buck was at about $0.65 US. Works great, I've done a
tonne of baseboards with it.

djb

Dave Hall

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 22:22:47 -0400, (J T)
wrote:

Mon, Oct 3, 2005, 1:51pm
(Dave*Hall) did spake:
I think JOAT was discussing a Craftsman miter "box", not a CMS or any
other motorized saw.

Not quite. Used a miter box once. Once. My rig is definitely not
motorized, and looks vaguely like this, except mine's an older version.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Craftsman-Hand-M...cmd ZViewItem

JOAT
The Truth Shall Set Ye Frea

Yeah, I knew that "box" wasn't quite right, but close enough to
differentiate from a CMS. Those little wooden miter boxes are not
worth using, but your type are nice.

Dave Hall