J T

Mon, Oct 3, 2005, 9:22pm (EDT-3)
(NorthIdahoWWer) wondereth:
I was just thinking the other day about reading a post on here 5 years
ago where someone was talking about painting all their tools yellow...
something about the calming effect or some such. I was wondering who
that was... now I know! ha
Been 5 years already? Yep, still paint 'em, and here's the skinny:

PAINTED TOOLS
I paint my tools. Bright yellow. I've got a 24/7 headache, since
1980. Not plural, headache one. Bad enough, with arthiritis, to put me
on disability, since 1996. Doctors can tell me what causes it (stress,
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Post Vietnam Stress Syndrome, etc.) but
not how to make it better. Painting tools makes the shop cheerier,
brighter, and eases the headache.
http://www.holistic-online.com/Color/color_yellow.htm The last tool
painted wound up buttercup yellow. I think I'll hunt harder for bright
yellow next time.

Unexpected bonus, my sons don't use or borrow the painted tools.

JOAT
The Truth Shall Set Ye Frea