Mike in Idaho

Default Bessey's on sale at Woodcraft!

Just picked up 6 24" K-bodies for $21 a piece!! Yeeha!

They have 40" on sale too. $25 I think, don't remember. Also picked
up 3 of their floor mats as well ($10 each). But the Bessey's are the
best part of course. I've had a set of 24", 40" and 50" for some time
and I've been drooling over more 24" for a while and then this crazy
piece of tool pr0n shows up in my mail and SWMBO even suggested going
down there to check it out. Our store just moved and she was curious
what it looked like -- yeah! So away we went and I headed out with
quite the handful.

Sale doesn't officially start until 10/1 but they bought extra in case
they ran out before 10/1 and were merrily selling them before hand (no
waiting in line before the store opens for me thank you very much).

On top of that they're giving away a 14" Rikon BS if you spend $50 or
more -- how does it get better than that! (Well, I suppose if I
actually won it would!)

Enjoy!
Mike

Leon

"Mike in Idaho" wrote in message
oups.com...
Snip\

On top of that they're giving away a 14" Rikon BS if you spend $50 or
more -- how does it get better than that! (Well, I suppose if I
actually won it would!)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you get a free 14" Rikon BS just for spending $50 or
more. I wonder if Woodcraft is aware of that. LOL

Paul in MN

"Leon" wrote in message
t...

"Mike in Idaho" wrote in message
oups.com...
Snip\

On top of that they're giving away a 14" Rikon BS if you spend $50 or
more -- how does it get better than that! (Well, I suppose if I
actually won it would!)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you get a free 14" Rikon BS just for spending $50

or
more. I wonder if Woodcraft is aware of that. LOL

Yeah Leon, but look. It was from "Mike in Idaho". By the time I drive all
the way to Idaho with $3.00 a gallon gas, I might as well just buy one here.
Some guys have ALL the luck. :-)

P.

James \Cubby\ Culbertson

[...]

I remember the last "Woodcraft Clamp Sale" (although I think it was cabinet
masters then). Never again. They took my order then re-negged on the
deal. There was lots of talk in this NG about that mess. I haven't
bought anything from them since. I'll stick with Lee Valley.
Cheers,
cc

BillyBob

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Visited my local Woodcraft today and was able to buy (have to wait about 5
days for delivery) 2-24" and 2-40" Bessy K's - Remember that many of the
Woodcraft stores are franchises so what they do may differ by location - The
local Seattle one will honor a sale mailing from when you receive it not
from the date on the flyer - They are good folks and have always kept their
word -

BB

justme

In article , "James
\"Cubby\" Culbertson" says...

[...]

I believe it was the Bessey's, as I had my order canceled also last
year. I still shop at the local Woodcraft some, (a Rocklers is closer),
but I'll never order on-line from them again.

BillyBob

"justme" wrote in message
.. .
In article , "James
\"Cubby\" Culbertson" says...

[...]

Remember if you order online you are now dealing with corporate - which
means a good chance for a foul up - The local stores have a vested interest
in keeping customers happy - corporate lives by rules. . .

BB

D. J. MCBRIDE

Woodcraft store on Hwy 290 here in Houston looked to have about a
100 each of the 24" and 40" as of about 11:00 a.m. (Saturday).
Except that they have four less of each now 'cause I got some!
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston

Bill Davis Jr

Just moved into a new house. Used to live in a Townhome with no means
of doing woodworking. Now I have a garage. Not big but enough to do
some work.

I have no clamps. What would be a good amount (combanation) to start
with?

I have(or had) a Woodcraft store in my area. I say "had" because
Woodworking stores do not stay long in my area. A Harbour Freight just
opened up and I wonder how long that will stay open.

Thanks,

Bill
Paul Rand

You are always going to need one more than you have.
It really depends on what you are going to build. Try 6 to 8 48" pipe
clamps. Good for most case work and panels.

"Bill Davis Jr" wrote in message
Just moved into a new house. Used to live in a Townhome with no means
of doing woodworking. Now I have a garage. Not big but enough to do
some work.

I have no clamps. What would be a good amount (combanation) to start
with?

I have(or had) a Woodcraft store in my area. I say "had" because
Woodworking stores do not stay long in my area. A Harbour Freight just
opened up and I wonder how long that will stay open.

Thanks,

Bill

George

"Bill Davis Jr" wrote in message
Just moved into a new house. Used to live in a Townhome with no means
of doing woodworking. Now I have a garage. Not big but enough to do
some work.

I have no clamps. What would be a good amount (combanation) to start
with?

I have(or had) a Woodcraft store in my area. I say "had" because
Woodworking stores do not stay long in my area. A Harbour Freight just
opened up and I wonder how long that will stay open.

Get what clamps things within the range most used. For most of us the 25"
is the workhorse, which is why I have more (now) of them than other lengths.
The 50" is great for those things we use 48" worth of ply to construct, but
it's awful damn clumsy when you try to use it to clamp the "average"
distance.

Buy short sizes, followed by long sizes, then write for gifts of the
tweeners. Lee Valley's 25/50 set looks real good. Do two.

Review: Woodcraft combo square on sale for $12 Bruce Barnett Woodworking 5 May 15th 05 08:38 PM
Woodcraft 10% off sale, today only, 2/24 igor Woodworking 0 February 24th 05 04:29 PM
Sale at Woodcraft!! Jeremy Woodworking 2 October 7th 04 05:17 AM
Do you have Past Woodpeck Weekly Special Email? Jeremy Woodworking 2 August 8th 04 03:24 AM
WOODCRAFT SALE WARRENRN1 Woodworking 14 February 20th 04 06:25 PM