geek

Default Shed Plans

anyone have a link to some good (free) plans for garden sheds? SWMBO thinks
the 20 year old gable shed is ugly and wants a new one.

I lost all of my links I gathered through the years from the WRECK. sorry.

Mike Marlow

"geek" wrote in message
anyone have a link to some good (free) plans for garden sheds? SWMBO

thinks
the 20 year old gable shed is ugly and wants a new one.

I lost all of my links I gathered through the years from the WRECK. sorry.

This is just the first of a bunch of links that came up with a simple google
search on "free shed plans"...
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...t/1276231.html

I have to ask though - why plans? Why not just build it?

--

-Mike-

RonB

Drop by the book store or supermarket magazine shelf and look at the house
plan magazines. Many of these have shed and garage plans in the back and
include web site addresses. Also Google for house plans - You will get
similar results.

Ron B

Van

As someone who "just built it", I think I could have saved on materials and
time by using plans. Plans tend to consider dimensions of lumber and
material better than I did. They also tend to answer lots of design
decisions that take more time than you would think. Mine was built to look
like my house and raised tons of questions (window framing?).

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...ent/1276231.ht
ml

I have to ask though - why plans? Why not just build it?

--

-Mike-

Mike Marlow

"Van" wrote in message
ink.net...
As someone who "just built it", I think I could have saved on materials

and
time by using plans. Plans tend to consider dimensions of lumber and
material better than I did. They also tend to answer lots of design
decisions that take more time than you would think. Mine was built to

look
like my house and raised tons of questions (window framing?).

Ok - sometimes it's just too easy to overlook that not everybody that does
woodworking is familiar with basic framing.

--

-Mike-

Brad Bruce

Mike Marlow wrote:
"geek" wrote in message

anyone have a link to some good (free) plans for garden sheds? SWMBO

thinks

the 20 year old gable shed is ugly and wants a new one.

I lost all of my links I gathered through the years from the WRECK. sorry.

This is just the first of a bunch of links that came up with a simple google
search on "free shed plans"...
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...t/1276231.html

I have to ask though - why plans? Why not just build it?

SWMBOs like pretty pictures

Geek:

geek wrote:
anyone have a link to some good (free) plans for garden sheds? SWMBO thinks
the 20 year old gable shed is ugly and wants a new one.

Always, and I mean always, do a "Google" and you'll find plenty.

For inexpensive, paid plans, look at "Family Handyman" magazine.
For the last 3/4 years, every July/August issue they've run
a set of plans for different size sheds. In some cities,
your local library will have the magazine. Easy to get
a copy and photocopy it. Or, just pony up $10 or so and
get the plans.

I also found that the "u-build" series of plans has
a good set of shed plans. Used one some years ago and
it came out good.

Good luck. Build it bigger then you think you need -
usually most municipalities don't have a problem with
10x12 sheds. But check first, if you don't have a lot
of space between you and your neighbor.

Good luck. There's a lot of good stuff out there!

MJ Wallace

Plans needed for Pole Barn Storage Shed with Sliding Door Andy Woodworking 4 September 19th 05 07:27 PM
Urgent chicken shed plans and chickens needed! Jonathan UK diy 51 April 24th 05 02:34 AM
any shed plans online Richard UK diy 3 April 29th 04 06:07 PM
Any plans available for free download for small shed? PDF? Rob B Woodworking 3 October 1st 03 05:58 PM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM