Scott Jackson

Default Post Office mailbox door banks.

Anyone making any of these out there in woodworking land?? I bought a milk
crate full of the doors at an estate sale and would love to turn them into
something cool. They aren't real old. I think they're marked "1971" or
around there. I've seen coin banks made from them, but can't find a good
pattern. The best one I've seen was made like a safe; sorta' up on small
feet like an older style western bank safe. It was even painted like a
safe.

Frank Campbell

In article , Scott Jackson
wrote:

Anyone making any of these out there in woodworking land?? I bought a milk
crate full of the doors at an estate sale and would love to turn them into
something cool. They aren't real old. I think they're marked "1971" or
around there. I've seen coin banks made from them, but can't find a good
pattern. The best one I've seen was made like a safe; sorta' up on small
feet like an older style western bank safe. It was even painted like a
safe.

Rockler has free plans for a mail truck that uses them:
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product..._id=10406&sid=
AF078

--
http://sawdustmaking.com
Lee Gordon

I've seen coin banks made from them, but can't find a good
pattern.

See if you can find a copy of the first issue of Woodcraft Magazine. That
was their very first project, the one featured on the cover.

Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

A.J. Hamler

Scott Jackson wrote:
Anyone making any of these out there in woodworking land?? I bought a milk
crate full of the doors at an estate sale and would love to turn them into
something cool. They aren't real old. I think they're marked "1971" or
around there. I've seen coin banks made from them, but can't find a good
pattern. The best one I've seen was made like a safe; sorta' up on small
feet like an older style western bank safe. It was even painted like a
safe.

Hi Scott...

It's your lucky day. As Lee pointed out, making these banks was the
cover story of our first issue. The entire article is posted he

http://woodcraftmagazine.com/articles/

Once on the above page, scroll down. The P.O. Box Bank project is the
4th article from the bottom of the list.

If you do make one, send me a hi-res photo, and if the photo's good
enough for print, I'll put it in the "Show Off" gallery section of the
magazine.

A.J.

How Dare Could America Industrial Property Office Be In Conspiracy With Jungang International Patent Office To Make An Extravagant International Crime ? [email protected] Woodturning 2 June 5th 05 07:03 AM
Putting up a mail box orangetrader Home Repair 37 November 1st 04 02:44 AM
easy money Onemoredrunk Home Ownership 0 October 11th 04 01:00 AM
Results: renewing fence post for third time Peter Bull UK diy 3 January 23rd 04 02:06 PM