Default How To Make Treated Lumber

I'm getting ready to cut my own lumber from trees and I want to use the
lumber for an outside project. What can I do to make the lumber
survive outside? Can I make my own treated lumber?

Thanks,
Dale

Bruce Barnett

" writes:

I'm getting ready to cut my own lumber from trees and I want to use the
lumber for an outside project. What can I do to make the lumber
survive outside? Can I make my own treated lumber?

Depend. Do you like working with Arsenic?

RayV

If you live in Manville NJ you can just lay the lumber in your
backyard. The creosote in the ground will leech into the lumber.

Other than that I don't think so.

Larry Jaques

On 11 Sep 2005 18:49:16 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
" quickly quoth:

I'm getting ready to cut my own lumber from trees and I want to use the
lumber for an outside project. What can I do to make the lumber
survive outside? Can I make my own treated lumber?

Cut only black locust, cedar, redwood, or cypress trees for outside
lumber.

Or take your cut pineywood to a kiln who will pressure-treat it for
you. That should be a good trick!

--
Never ascribe to malice that which can
be adequately explained by stupidity.
A Lurker

"RayV" wrote in news:1126528752.842537.174880
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

If you live in Manville NJ you can just lay the lumber in your
backyard. The creosote in the ground will leech into the lumber.

Other than that I don't think so.

That is blatantly NOT TRUE! The asbestos fibers in the ground
contamination soaked up all the creosote years ago!
Leon

wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm getting ready to cut my own lumber from trees and I want to use the
lumber for an outside project. What can I do to make the lumber
survive outside? Can I make my own treated lumber?

Thanks,
Dale

It would probably be many many times cheaper to simply buy the wood that
meets you specifications.

Chris

"A Lurker" wrote in message
"RayV" wrote in news:1126528752.842537.174880
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

If you live in Manville NJ you can just lay the lumber in your
backyard. The creosote in the ground will leech into the lumber.

Other than that I don't think so.

That is blatantly NOT TRUE! The asbestos fibers in the ground
contamination soaked up all the creosote years ago!

Which exit is that located ?

--
Chris

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a
soldier. If it is in ebonics, thank your Congressman.

RayV

Exit 10 to 287 N

Follow the glow from there

Chris

"RayV" wrote in message
oups.com...
Exit 10 to 287 N

Follow the glow from there

Got it.

Is that not the toll booth that hands out MSDSs after you pay the toll?