Gus

I'm getting ready to cut my own lumber from trees and I want to use the
lumber for an outside project. What can I do to make the lumber
survive outside? Can I make my own treated lumber?

No, you really can't make your own.

It takes lots of heat, pressure, nasty chemicals and expensive
equipment.

On the other hand, there are many naturally rot-resistant woods - cedar
and cypress, for example.

There are also coatings you can use to reduce the damaging effects of
the sun. I like Flood's CWF-UV.

To help prevent water absortion into end grain, you can do something as
simple as soaking the end of the wood in used motor oil.

These are many methods. I'm sure you'll be able to find one that works
for you.

Gus