D Steck

Default Question for Tom Watson

Tom,

I was just looking over your website and everything you do is a work of art.
I have one question for you though. On the bar project, you have some
curved moldings. How did you get the bead profile on those curves?

Tom Watson

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 14:25:11 -0500, "D Steck"
wrote:

Tom,

I was just looking over your website and everything you do is a work of art.
I have one question for you though. On the bar project, you have some
curved moldings. How did you get the bead profile on those curves?

With a Williams and Hussey Molder/Planer.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)
Norman D. Crow

news:1126121380.4a332fa8a2fbbb4738e249606f623a43@t eranews...
wrote:

Tom,

I was just looking over your website and everything you do is a work of
art.
I have one question for you though. On the bar project, you have some
curved moldings. How did you get the bead profile on those curves?

With a Williams and Hussey Molder/Planer.

Tom, wasn't that the one where you posted some pics of that setup and
explained just how hair-raising it was?

--
Nahmie

Tom Watson

wrote:

Tom,

I was just looking over your website and everything you do is a work of
art.
I have one question for you though. On the bar project, you have some
curved moldings. How did you get the bead profile on those curves?

With a Williams and Hussey Molder/Planer.

Tom, wasn't that the one where you posted some pics of that setup and
explained just how hair-raising it was?

I makes a bunch of noise, because it wants to cut the full profile in
one pass, but it's not real scary.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)
WillR

D Steck wrote:
Tom,
=20
I was just looking over your website and everything you do is a work of=

art.=20
I have one question for you though. On the bar project, you have some =

curved moldings. How did you get the bead profile on those curves?=20
=20
=20

And he does do nice work...

I get enjoyment every time I look at Tom's stuff.

And others too...

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw

D Steck

Thanks Tom. I have a JET Planer/Molder and it will do curved moldings but I
haven't bought the accessory for that.

Simple solution to save money - stay away from curves!!!

wrote:

Tom,

I was just looking over your website and everything you do is a work of
art.
I have one question for you though. On the bar project, you have some
curved moldings. How did you get the bead profile on those curves?

With a Williams and Hussey Molder/Planer.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)

Mark & Juanita

wrote:

Tom,

I was just looking over your website and everything you do is a work of
art.
I have one question for you though. On the bar project, you have some
curved moldings. How did you get the bead profile on those curves?

With a Williams and Hussey Molder/Planer.

Tom, wasn't that the one where you posted some pics of that setup and
explained just how hair-raising it was?

I think you are thinking of Tom Planman's description of a similar
molding for a staircase.

charlie b

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Tom, wasn't that the one where you posted some pics of that setup and
explained just how hair-raising it was?

I think you are thinking of Tom Planman's description of a similar
molding for a staircase.

That was the one that involved using a shaper with a
rub bearing and free handing around a corner, going
up hill - just to make it interesting.

Just tried his site and got the error message
Website for domain is closed.

charlie b
Dave Balderstone

In article , charlie b
wrote:

Just tried his site and got the error message
Website for domain is closed.

A dig on the domain works, but returns

www.plamann.com. 856 IN A 207.155.248.122
www.plamann.com. 856 IN A 207.155.252.9
www.plamann.com. 856 IN A 207.155.252.112
www.plamann.com. 856 IN A 207.155.252.14

ping www.plamann.com and it resolves to 207.155.252.14 and returns okay.

But if I do a traceroute I get:

"traceroute: Warning: www.plamann.com has multiple addresses; using
207.155.252.14"

Looks to me like something's florfed in Tom's DNS/hosting setup. I'm
guessing he may have very recently changed providers/hosts? Just a
guess, though.

djb

OT Movie recommendation: "De-Lovely". You should be old enough to know
who Cole Porter is, but this is a remarkable film.

Dave Balderstone wrote:

OT Movie recommendation: "De-Lovely". You should be old enough to know who Cole Porter is, but this is a remarkable film.

Couldn't agree more. I watched this film and was really surprised at
the how much I honestly enjoyed the story line, and how well the film
was acted.

Something we don't see much of anymore.

Robert

Tom

And I have used my WoodMaster planer for the same type work

John

wrote:

Tom,

I was just looking over your website and everything you do is a work of
art.
I have one question for you though. On the bar project, you have some
curved moldings. How did you get the bead profile on those curves?

With a Williams and Hussey Molder/Planer.

Tom, wasn't that the one where you posted some pics of that setup and
explained just how hair-raising it was?

I makes a bunch of noise, because it wants to cut the full profile in
one pass, but it's not real scary.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)

Norman D. Crow

wrote:

Tom,

I was just looking over your website and everything you do is a work of
art.
I have one question for you though. On the bar project, you have some
curved moldings. How did you get the bead profile on those curves?

With a Williams and Hussey Molder/Planer.

Tom, wasn't that the one where you posted some pics of that setup and
explained just how hair-raising it was?

I think you are thinking of Tom Planman's description of a similar
molding for a staircase.

Well, I KNEW it was ONE of the two "Toms" we all know so well.

--
Nahmie

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM