BillyBob

Default Interesting new plane from Lee Valley

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...14&cat=51&ap=1

Be the first in your neighborhood to own one and tell us how well it works.

Bob

Buster

This is a really interesting plane, I read about it in the new cataloge on
my Friday Lee Valley trip.

Before the scrub plane was released one of the sales guys at the store
mentioned that there was ajointer in the works... But said nothing about
the bevel up.

It looks cool though. My next project is to build a proper workbench...
something like this could be very handy... I wonder if I can convince the
wife...

"BillyBob" wrote in message
nk.net...
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...14&cat=51&ap=1

Be the first in your neighborhood to own one and tell us how well it
works.

Bob

BillyBob

"Buster" wrote in message
It looks cool though. My next project is to build a proper workbench...
something like this could be very handy... I wonder if I can convince the
wife...

If you don't have a jointer plane already, you have to get one. Its a life
or death situation. I bought an old maple workbench that had a slight hump
in the surface due to some spilled varnish that had not be cleaned. I
finally got up the gutst to sharpen my jointer and have at it. The benchtop
was flat within 5 minutes. I could not have done this with any other means
as easily and accurately.

I see the auxilary fence attaches with screws, instead of magnets like the
other fence in their catalog. This is a major improvement.

Any idea what the auxilary toothed blade is for?

Bob

George

"BillyBob" wrote in message
news:ZUgSe.4314 Any idea what the auxilary toothed blade is for?

Same as any toothed plane iron, for work with weird grain. A few passes for
straight, one or two for smooth with a regular iron.

TomL

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 16:56:02 GMT, Archangel
wrote:

Naw... it's for making bat houses. Gives them something to grab on to
with their little feet ;-)

Bats got feet? I thought they were paws.